general info >

general info

Notices

general info

Old 10-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: general info

that sounds nice what kinda of money will it take to have a boat like that i have the list prices from velocity but you never know if thats what youll have to pay i would like to trade mine in on something like that i was hoping you could give me an idea thanks
Old 10-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Call Kenny at 407-402-0300.He will give you the true numbers on your boat and the 290.Kenny is a gerat guy to talk boats with.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Registered

Automan, give me a quick email "[email protected]" I have a new 2004 Velocity 290SC with trailer for sale. I think you will love this boat. It has 11 hours on it. Never been titled or lettered. I can send picts if you want. And yes they are a great rough water boat , very roomy cabin and cockpit. It has all the bells and whistles. Thanks John
Old 12-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Registered

Tony, any chance of posting pics of your 22' Velocity OB? I too boat on Barnegat Bay and one of my boats is a 1986 RedLine 21'... from what I've read and heard, it's an early 80's Velocity "splash" made in Rhode Island. The boat is a lot of fun & runs high 60's with a 1986 Yamaha 200hp OB. FYI: The fairing was not installed when pic was taken.
Thanks,
Dan

Originally Posted by TonyM
automan, I have boated in the Barnegat bay all of my life. WHen I ran my 22 Velocity O/B when I was heading home from Party Island in the afternoon I would have 4-6 people in the boat and always find an Outlaw or Scarab to race and my boat would skip across the tops of the waves like a rock and the other boats with there big HP and 2-3 more ft would be chine walking and porpoising trying to keep up with me. In my opinion a Velocity is the perfect boat for Barnegat!
Attached Thumbnails general info-dscn4604.jpg  
Old 12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

Hey Dan, I will have to look for a pic of the 22 that I had, I sold it 5 years ago and it went to the West Coast of FLA. If you want a pic of my 26 with the old power, you can go to: http://home.earthlink.net/~spdfrk69/

As for your boat, there was alot of companies that tried to duplicate a Velocity, but in my mind, there is nothing like the original. Your hull does look a little similar, however your freeboard looks a little lower. The thing that makes a Velocity faster than most is the Pad bottom, Notched transom and also the outer most chines are curved to pic up air, kinda like what makes cat hulls so fast. I will try to find a pic of my boat and scan it. If you want to see one, there is one for sale on screamandfly.com under boats 20 and over section.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for the quick reply, Tony. I realize there's nothing like an original velocity design and layup, however I paid THOU$AND$ less for this boat with motor and roller trailer than I would have for the price of an original hull alone. Did Velocity always have a notched transom or was it incorporated in the design in the late 80's? I attached a pic of the transom area to show the pad (no notch) and chines that are slightly angled downward. The interior of my boat needs some cosmetic tlc and the outboard needs to be painted & the skeg straightened, but for the cheap price I paid you can't beat it for a high 60mph boat. High 60's mph with an all original 1986 Yamaha 200hp Precision Blend OB turning a 23p SS prop @ 5,400rpms without setback and jackplate.

BTW, nice looking 26' Velo! What power do you have in it now and what's your speed?
Thanks,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails general info-dscn4600.jpg  
Old 12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Jigsaw89, As A Past Velocity 22 And Regal Velocity 230 Owner, I Can Tell You From Your Stern Picture, That Your Boat Is Not A Splashed/copy Of A Velocity. Your Pad Is Too Narrow And There Is No Notch In The Transom. It Is A Good Looking Boat Though!!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Registered

The biggest advantage to the Velocity is the hull design with the pad bottom and notched transom. The reason they don't win more races is that they concentrate more on the speed records than on winning individual races. Steve Stepp, the owner feels that speed records are more significant, and a better indicator of a superior design. Hope this helps.
As a former F1 Racer that raced against the VR-1 in Pic #4 I can tell you that they are very fast. The team racing it are extremely accomplished racers as well. The only reason they haven't won that many races is, although decent in the rough, not as good as the activator, Kryptonite, Warlock, or Superboat, all bigger boats I might add with the exception of Activator. A great all around boat and will fair well on the Barnegat Bay
Old 12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Registered

Hey Jupiter Pulsare, We have to get together and go run around in our boat one of these days
Old 12-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

Hey Dan, I wasn't knocking your boat. THe thing that I was trying to get across is that with the same power the Velocity would be faster and handle the bay better due to the transom and chine design, plus it is wider than most boats its size. I just hung a pair of 3 liter Mercs on jackplates, haven't even fired them up yet, still need to wire and put new steering on. My wife's grandmother has a place in Barnegat, and I hope to get some use out of it this summer. I used to love hanging out by the lighthouse and taking the blast back home up double creek channel and over to the Dutchman's for some cocktails!
How are you getting your speed numbers? SOunds a little high with that pitch prop. You should try a speed calculation with the rpm, gear ratio, prop pitch and slippage. YOu can try this website:
http://www.go-fast.com/Prop_Slip_Calculator.htm

I'll keep in touch, maybe we can hook up in the spring?

Quick Reply: general info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.