Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Vendor Talk
Looking for options what to put on Spark Plug wire Sleeving >

Looking for options what to put on Spark Plug wire Sleeving

Notices

Looking for options what to put on Spark Plug wire Sleeving

Old 11-25-2019, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

"Moroso Performance Marine by Boats Unlimited" or "Performance Marine by Boats Unlimited" gets my vote.

When I first read this post I did not notice that the sleeves are different than my regular car app Moroso Ultra 40's I have and these look nicer for sure. Had these been available when I needed mine I would have bought them in a heartbeat since they would also fit better than the car versions I now have.

Long story but BUP was a great help in figuring out that I had bought the wrong wires for my app the first time from Summit. Totally my fail...glad it came up in random conversation. Had I been able to buy them from him at the time I would have had the right wires to begin with. Essentially I have flushed two sets of wires worth of money down the drain. Moral of the story don't assume because they are "BBC" wires that they are made for boat applications. Lol
Old 11-28-2019, 09:06 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I like the strands of color in the woven loom. Adds some subtle eye candy. I think having the cylinder numbers somewhere on the boots or loom would be cool.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Blue or black and some kind of grip on the caps for easy removal and install. I also agree cylinder number is a big help. In for 2 sets 600SCI.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

the spark plug wire numbers per cylinder are on both ends also in the pics above you can see them around the wire itself. Also for the 496 apps there is 4 wires shorter than the other 4. -- so with that said there is 4 wires the same length and the other 4 wires are the same length.

Last edited by BUP; 12-09-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

Blue, Red, and Black should cover your colors I think. Tough call on the logo, it would be nice to have a name so you can find more when you forget where you got them!

And thanks BUP for all your help with keeping us running here on OSO, You have helped me out just by my reading of your responses to others folks questions. Not many are experts on the 496!