Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Vendor Talk
Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”? >

Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”?

Notices

Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”?

Old 02-18-2020, 06:12 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
In both cases, the buyer should treat the deal the same and use the same due diligence as far as inspections and surveys...
...and the seller should represent truthfully, you forgot that part.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
exactly!!!!! Especially when all of their boats are always listed for at least 20k more than the market or other comparable boats.....
Old 02-18-2020, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I carried NEW boat and used boat sales. The cosign boats either I bought out right or sold them as cosign. For one I did not want a POS on the lot nor someone to get stuck with a POS. I checked all boats out and even lake tested them before they went up for sale. I made all consign boats lake ready and did the survey / inspections in house - this was paid by the owner and or taken out of the final sale money period plus my 10 percent selling fee. .

If the boat owner did not agree to my policies - then the boat was never to be a consign or I tried to buy it out right for whatever reason ( parts ) and or take it to the dealer auction and let the car guys fight over it. Or have the owner get his boat off the lot if we could not both agree to my terms..

I know shops that never even open up the engine hatch to see if engines are install that are their consigns, also never lake test nor even put a scan tool on the cosigns.. IMO this is a lazy shop and is all about their wanting a sale no matter what it takes and of course all about money. . Bad way to do business in the marine industry, You sell stuff that makes people stay in boating not to have huge headaches and hardships. .

nice edit , but somethings gotta pay for the pool LOL
Old 02-18-2020, 04:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t know anything about Brett but I do know Mindi and she happens to be the general manager of PBC in Florida. I have had many dealings with her personally and I can tell you she is honest and cares about her customers With that said I will say it a thousand more times if you buy a boat and don’t have an outside reputable and I will repeat the word reputable surveyor to do a complete survey on your purchase then you deserve everything that comes with your boat. You might as well take all that money and drive down interstate 95 at 70 mph and throw the cash out of your drivers window. And let me repeat what I mean by reputable. Ask to look at their credentials. Do not ever buy a boat without a survey just like you shouldn’t buy a house without an inspection. So don’t Blame Mindi blame yourself
and don’t misunderstand me listen to my words
Old 02-18-2020, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by activator40
I don’t know anything about Brett but I do know Mindi and she happens to be the general manager of PBC in Florida. I have had many dealings with her personally and I can tell you she is honest and cares about her customers With that said I will say it a thousand more times if you buy a boat and don’t have an outside reputable and I will repeat the word reputable surveyor to do a complete survey on your purchase then you deserve everything that comes with your boat. You might as well take all that money and drive down interstate 95 at 70 mph and throw the cash out of your drivers window. And let me repeat what I mean by reputable. Ask to look at their credentials. Do not ever buy a boat without a survey just like you shouldn’t buy a house without an inspection. So don’t Blame Mindi blame yourself
and don’t misunderstand me listen to my words
By the same logic a broker should not represent a product that they are not absolutely certain lives up to their billing and are willing to stand behind their word. I'm currently in the market and there are several brokers that their disclaimers are longer than their listings--and wouldn't buy anything from them regardless of price.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you broker a boat what is expected of you. You are putting your reputation out there to attract buyers. I would view the boker as having an obligation to accurately protray the boat.

Dry rotted hoes dont happen over night. Signs of very old hoses. How could the motors have been refreshed.

There are 2 sidesto every story so i would like to see all the details.

One thing that bothers me is why the buyer did not have a survey? What do the listing pictures look like? How does that compare to the boat delivered.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:58 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I completely agree that they should
Old 02-19-2020, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 59 Posts

just a question ? for the 10 or 20% the broker/dealer is making off the deal shouldn't they go thru the boat b4 they start promoting it and know what they're offering for sale , todays internet makes it pretty easy to put what you have for sale out there vs the old days when there was boat /trader ,a for sale sign & word of mouth . I agree on the survey but quite possibly the buyer trusted the broker and may have been told it was pristine and taken care of them with an open checkbook and put buyer art ease . Only reason for broker would be if potential buyers needed financing (not in this case ) or seller didn't want to deal with all the tire kickers and dealing with sea trials .
Old 02-19-2020, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

A broker will argue that they are only bringing a buy and a seller together and do not represent the boat, car or ???. They are taking a % of the sale as commission for basically the introduction/negotiation but do NOT assume any level of responsibility for the actual product, it's condition through the process of changing hands....As long as there is a product with an appropriate serial number(s)/ HIN that applies to the brokered item to be legally sold... that is the general limit of concern for their %.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:22 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

I got the other side of the story would say from that side the guy should have done more homework ...... and the boat had 1300 sterilings in it. who buys that thinking its ok to run for more then a few hours with out work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.