Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Vendor Talk
Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”? >

Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”?

Notices

Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”?

Old 02-25-2020, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Piper44
Agreed. My experience with a salesman Glen Labor , there at the PBC LOTO was far from
pleasant. Inquiring about a boat they had for sale and wanting to trade a 2004 33 baja. The short version of the conversation was “ you looking to trade that boat for a goat or what?”
The boat sold for $76,000 3 months later so it was not a POS. Very thankful I didn’t have to deal with PBC. The arrogance that resides at that business is suffocating.
Sounds like it worked out in your favor. Either way every boat I’ve seen advertised there is WAY overpriced.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Piper44
Agreed. My experience with a salesman Glen Labor , there at the PBC LOTO was far from
pleasant. Inquiring about a boat they had for sale and wanting to trade a 2004 33 baja. The short version of the conversation was “ you looking to trade that boat for a goat or what?”
The boat sold for $76,000 3 months later so it was not a POS. Very thankful I didn’t have to deal with PBC. The arrogance that resides at that business is suffocating.
I know of Glenn but have never met him. I've heard similar comments about him from friends that know him and have dealt with or spoken with him and that is a shame for PBC if their main sales person (manager) is that off-putting.

My experience buying a new boat from them last March was quite pleasant. I dealt with Rusty Williams and couldn't be happier with how he handled getting the boat out of the weather and cleaned up to show in their shop, the negotiation process, the delivery, and his attention to some minor items after the sale.

As for service after the sale, I've been dealing with Dave Reeves and he's been outstanding. I never have to bug him after contacting him on a warranty item or scheduling a service. He's very attentive and is in constant communication with me. Both Dave and Rusty have come to my dock to address items which has saved me a trip to the dealership and when I have taken the boat to them they are waiting at the courtesy dock and I drop off the keys and walk away. When I return the boat is back in the water tied up in a covered slip ready to go.

It is a shame Glenn didn't try to earn your business. He could have at least offered to sell the boat on consignment if they did not want to take it on on outright trade.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Using a Recco anything in life is like hiring Helen Keller!Be smart get your own survey or bring a person with knowledge! They may have bit him not sure 2 sides to it??