New Warlock Project >

New Warlock Project

Notices

New Warlock Project

Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGuimond
Were you running your Euro in the Ocean or the Lake? The hull sends up a large following sea coming off plane even when being thoughtful. If it were me, I'd convert it to OB power
sweet world class... but the bottoms are different.. world class is less deadrise

ran offshore and bay. never pushed it in flat water over 87. needs a chop. blew the fuel tank twice offshore . not a good feeling when the bilge is loaded with gas.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bottoms on a Team Warlock 23 World Class Offshore and a Team Warlock 24 World Class Euro are the same. Both 24 degree deadrise. The Euro adds the swin platform for the extra foot and the deck is obviously different.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 199025sxtWarlock
Mark , I have spent numerous years tinkering with the 24 euro. Just be carefull...88 mph it develops a chine. fastest we had ours was 95 , with a 23 Mirage Labbed @ 6700, 3 blade, tried a zillion props, but the mirage 23 labbed was the one for us. around 590 hp ..dynoed. Still have the boat, white with the red stripes. we ordered it new, even still have the picture they sent us when it was popped out of the mold.
after I tinker with my cat again, I might put the motor back in the euro and try on of my Blackhawks on the V.
keep us posted , and would love to see the pictures too.
I've heard these boats start getting sketchy at around 90mph. It sure is a fun boat! I've only ever seen one other one in person. Pics seem to be hard to come by on these boats also. I'll dig some pictures up of mine and get them posted soon. I was on the water a lot this past summer so I know there's quite a few of it. I'd have to say, the wildest one I saw a pic of looked to have a bbc in it with a vortec or procharger on it using a carb because you could see the carb box sitting on top of the motor. It looked a lot like mine. Which has a white base/black bottom with the multi colored red graphics (stripes) up the center of the noise and high on the sides. As for the motor I'm building, I have a feeling it's going to find it's way into something else down the road. I agree that it's to much motor for this hull design to run full out. Ideally, I would eventually like to find something in the 27ft range that's not as low profile as the warlock euro.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 682gold
Thanks for the input. I'm sure I will need to pick your brain about the resto I will be doing. I am liking the idea of a built SBC with a blower. It has a bravo 1 that i am going to hopefully find a speedmaster drive of some sort to put on it. I am in the process of taking it all apart. Got a rotten floor in the main cockpit. Going to replace fuel tank while in there. I am new to this so I will take it slow and ask a lot of questions.
I guarantee you will find tons of terrific info on this site! Personally, if your good with cars it will help but as I have heard, read and found out sense being a boat owner....they are a different animal.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

Default pics

Originally Posted by mustangmark
I've heard these boats start getting sketchy at around 90mph. It sure is a fun boat! I've only ever seen one other one in person. Pics seem to be hard to come by on these boats also. I'll dig some pictures up of mine and get them posted soon. I was on the water a lot this past summer so I know there's quite a few of it. I'd have to say, the wildest one I saw a pic of looked to have a bbc in it with a vortec or procharger on it using a carb because you could see the carb box sitting on top of the motor. It looked a lot like mine. Which has a white base/black bottom with the multi colored red graphics (stripes) up the center of the noise and high on the sides. As for the motor I'm building, I have a feeling it's going to find it's way into something else down the road. I agree that it's to much motor for this hull design to run full out. Ideally, I would eventually like to find something in the 27ft range that's not as low profile as the warlock euro.
I would love to see pics of your boat. What motor do you have in it?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Default Warlock

Trailer in poorer condition than I anticipated. Need to get some crossmembers on trailer soon. Will keep updating on project.

Last edited by 682gold; 12-28-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Trailer update
Old 12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Default motor

Originally Posted by mustangmark
What motor is it that you think is to much for this hull design? I was considering a SBC with blower.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

These hulls require a lot of power to push beyond 85. That said, how often are you going to get to top speed versus how often are you going to enjoy the ultra plush ride and great handling at say 60? Power it with a blower SBC and I think you will be very happy. My 23 does 64GPS with a Yamaha 250 HPDI fishin motor. I think the balance will be a lot better with a SBC especially considering the hull throws up a hefty following sea. I'm sure if you came off the sticks too quickly that the following sea would walk right up the integrated swim platform into the back seat and your passengers.

Here is a pic of an ultra rare 1998 with custom gel work.........
Attached Thumbnails New Warlock Project-1998ultimatewarlock24euroclosed.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GregGuimond
These hulls require a lot of power to push beyond 85. That said, how often are you going to get to top speed versus how often are you going to enjoy the ultra plush ride and great handling at say 60? Power it with a blower SBC and I think you will be very happy. My 23 does 64GPS with a Yamaha 250 HPDI fishin motor. I think the balance will be a lot better with a SBC especially considering the hull throws up a hefty following sea. I'm sure if you came off the sticks too quickly that the following sea would walk right up the integrated swim platform into the back seat and your passengers.

Here is a pic of an ultra rare 1998 with custom gel work.........
GREG 23 and 24 are two totally different boats...

the 24 EURO is a true 25 degree deadrise.. I got mine from new and spoke to them when they built it.. My pops was on the phone with the guys for weeks before they built it.( Stolarz and Clark I think were there names) 600 horsepower DYNO SHEETS. 23 mirage labbed @ 6700 rpm.. 95 mph..

all these backyard engine builders add 100 hp on there dumb configurations..

hull likes small props with a ton of rpm. tried about 8 or 9 configurations, and what the factory told us to do was the best.
We originally were going to race A - sportsman class with the boat.. the kilo was like 87 mph at the time, we were running 92.4 with a legal motor.. we baught the boat NEW with intentions to race it, but a major snowmobile accident ruined my father for years.
there is such a narrow beam.. what 24 foot boat with 600 hp will go that fast.. not many..

again , if you know both boats, the 24 is a ***** @88 mph, I have been in the 23 @ 97mph in flat water and its smooth..

Also, I put a crankshaft thru the oilpan around 80 mph, and the following seas never swamped us, the intergral platform pushes the boat up .

BEEN THERE DONE THAT... Happy new year guys !!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

682gold, any chance you have a protractor hanging around? Take a degree measurement against your hull for the New Year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.