Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Warlock
warlock 29 world class pros and cons >

warlock 29 world class pros and cons

Notices

warlock 29 world class pros and cons

Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an '99 29WC with an HP500. It had a labbed 4 blade hydromotive (28'', IIRC). It normally ran 76-77mph at about 5300-5350rpm, the best I got out of it was 79 (on gps). The boat felt solid and was very good in rough water, it flew level too. It felt very stable at speed and never did anything scary. It's a good looking boat and it has a large cockpit. It doesn't have a lot of freeboard (though it's not too low), so if you're tall you may feel like you're hanging out of it a bit. Overall, it's great boat. I enjoyed mine very much. The only problems I had with it were: 1) a small piece of fiberglass bulkhead tabbing came loose way up in the bow (in the little compartment ahead of the v-berth). The boat was still under warranty, so I had it fixed locally and UW compensated me...eventually, lol. 2) the painted metal dash plate started to peal. IIRC, the company sent me a new one under warranty.

Last edited by rj45; 01-03-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRI
I'm in the market for new to me boat narrow my search down to late 90s 29 world class warlock or 27 fountain. Just want the good and bad in the two boats. I can't find much info about warlock boats other than there is a lot of wood problem in floor and such. Is that a problem in this year and is there anything else I need to look for.
Have you considered a cat? Generally speaking, they handle rough water more smoothly and are considerably faster than v hulls with identical power and lenth. Oh yes, they can turn faster too.

Speed is everything!

They also have the disadvantage of usually less or none - cuddy space. However, the 31sxt has a nice cuddy.

Rick