Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
New Cigarette or old Cigarette models...wich one is more confortable ? >

New Cigarette or old Cigarette models...wich one is more confortable ?

Notices

New Cigarette or old Cigarette models...wich one is more confortable ?

Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Most comfortable model of all......and ready for shipping right now to your office or den.

Don's model of ....The Cigarette

order info on www.historicraceboats.com
Attached Thumbnails New Cigarette or old Cigarette models...wich one is more confortable ?-donald-aronow0021a.jpg   New Cigarette or old Cigarette models...wich one is more confortable ?-cigarette-model-times-3-002-small-.jpg   New Cigarette or old Cigarette models...wich one is more confortable ?-cigarette-model0001-small-.jpg  

Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you boys want to talk about Outerlimits they have a thread. You talk about a boat with no history and tanks in price. The market could be is the best of shape and they would still tank in value.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by cigracing1
If you boys want to talk about Outerlimits they have a thread. You talk about a boat with no history and tanks in price. The market could be is the best of shape and they would still tank in value.
that's because they're not built as well as a Cig.

Sorry if that offends any ol guys but I only speak from experience. Every ol ive ever seen that's a few years old looks it's age and then some from the apolstery wrinkles and fade to the stress cracks and faded paint, they just dont hold up all that well.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

Sorry if that offends any ol guys but I only speak from experience. Every ol ive ever seen that's a few years old looks it's age and then some from the apolstery wrinkles and fade to the stress cracks and faded paint, they just dont hold up all that well.
That's true. LOL!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

Funny thing about OL. In the few poker funs I have attended the OL guys show up with the matching truck, and uniforms. Have Dean do some sweet paint on Truck and boat. For some reason the OL just don't finish. Damn they all look good floating while I passed them in my old 27 Fountain. Maybe someday I can afford an OL. lol
Old 01-04-2009, 01:51 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd feel really comfortable in this model...

The boat I would still need to think about it!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:54 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
...the new Cig cabins are merely good for changing clothes, mixing drinks and bangin...
WTF do you do in a boat except that!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all I'm pretty much new to the performance boating and had a question about the 38 cig. I have a 302 Baja with HO's. Awesome boat but I wanna get at least a 38, maybe a .38 special or a 38 Cig. From reading I know these boats are night and day difference to say the least, but as far as cabin room goes, I'm 6'2 and can almost stand up inside the 38 special. I've never been in a top gun but I'm looking at a 90's model, possibly a 99. How much headroom are in those cabins?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by kick3pts
Hey all I'm pretty much new to the performance boating and had a question about the 38 cig. I have a 302 Baja with HO's. Awesome boat but I wanna get at least a 38, maybe a .38 special or a 38 Cig. From reading I know these boats are night and day difference to say the least, but as far as cabin room goes, I'm 6'2 and can almost stand up inside the 38 special. I've never been in a top gun but I'm looking at a 90's model, possibly a 99. How much headroom are in those cabins?
There's like 5' of head room. Not a lot. But the 90's Top Gun cabin is one of the most comfy well laid out cabins I've been in. I love ours. We use the table to mix drinks, chill and talk, etc. The HUGE cooler comes in handy to store all those cocktails and food. The head is roomy enough for use (though we don't use it), the bench seating is roomy and the bed is actually very comfy. The low head room is a draw back but it's not big enough issue that I'd trade the styling for head room. I'm 6-0 and have to crouch but again, not a huge deal.

And if you want a closer comparison to a 99 Top gun, I'd look at the 40 Outlaw. More sport style than the 308. The 308, to me is a cross bread between performance and cruiser. There's all that head room because it's a raised deck (like a Black thunder and unlike the low sleek decks of the Top Gun and Outlaw (as well as others)).

Last edited by thisistank; 05-18-2009 at 05:03 PM.