42 Fountain bottoms ?

Notices

42 Fountain bottoms ?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 42 Fountain bottoms ?

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Jeez, I thought you only knew stuff about boats built "hypothetically"....
OUCH!!!!!

42MTI.....I had a great time this weekend. Looking forward to Sarasota!!! BTW...I need your info to 1099 you on the Red Bull you drank this weekend!!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sellsman11
OUCH!!!!!

42MTI.....I had a great time this weekend. Looking forward to Sarasota!!! BTW...I need your info to 1099 you on the Red Bull you drank this weekend!!
LOL, Thank you and Woods for a great weekend, it was a blast. Don't worry about the 1099, tell Woods to just discount off the boat.

Don't worry Blume, inside joke on Woodsy, but thanks for looking out for a brother.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered

Sellsman11 ......... say "hello" to JJ for me!!!
See you in Destin?
Old 09-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
The smaller steps were a much more stable bottom at higher speeds.
Not to confuse the issue, but they had 2 different large step bottoms in 99 and forward, but with different angles of attack.One was for small power bravo boat and the other was for large power #6 boats. But there were mistakes, I ended up with 900SC's and #6's on a boat with the more aggresive bravo bottom. Ran great, but could be unstable in very smooth water at high speeds.Then they also made a third large step bottom that was actually only notches, no step, also around 2001.I think this one was a very limited production and was used mostly for race boats.However Jeaston from the board here ended up with one of these.Sooooooooooooooooooo, that makes 3 possible bottoms.

So what one would be better with 850hp per side? and what speeds would you see full cabin?

Thanks

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I too have heard about the 2 different large step 42 bottoms for different power but no one I know with Fountain will confirm that and say that is not so. I do know for sure the 42 Cigarette Tiger Twin step has 2 different bottoms depending on power.. and that is published with Cig...the Fountain 42 bottoms are a rumor from my understanding...although if someone from Fountain can confirm this please correct me. I do know since the large step 42 bottom came out there have been a few revisions to it due to racing and Reggies on going R&D.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
So what one would be better with 850hp per side? and what speeds would you see full cabin?

Thanks

Rob
It depends on what you want out of the boat. The one I had was a completely factory, new boat. It was a Merc 900SC, #6 powered boat but it had the more aggressive Bravo bottom. It ran 106 on GPS, but that was with the drives filled with the heavy wet sump lube. Mistakenly done by the dealer I bought it from and not discovered until right before I traded it. Fountain said they usually saw a 3-7 mph increase with a wet sump. So maybe 109-110 with correct oil in drive.
You can tell the difference in the hulls by how far the stakes come up on the front of the boat. The Number 6 boats the stakes come all the way to the V at the front. The bravo boats, the strakes only go straight forward and stop several ft. short of the front.
This straight from Jeff Harris at fountain 4 yrs ago.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It depends on what you want out of the boat. The one I had was a completely factory, new boat. It was a Merc 900SC, #6 powered boat but it had the more aggressive Bravo bottom. It ran 106 on GPS, but that was with the drives filled with the heavy wet sump lube. Mistakenly done by the dealer I bought it from and not discovered until right before I traded it. Fountain said they usually saw a 3-7 mph increase with a wet sump. So maybe 109-110 with correct oil in drive.
You can tell the difference in the hulls by how far the stakes come up on the front of the boat. The Number 6 boats the stakes come all the way to the V at the front. The bravo boats, the strakes only go straight forward and stop several ft. short of the front.
43MTI, thanks for the info....Jeff Harris was a class act at Fountain! What is Jeff up to these day's?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would of thouht it would be faster with that much power . Maybe the newer step bottom is faster?

Isnt Jeff working with/for team CRC?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

Pair A Dice 2000...117 with full cabin...900 SC and 6's.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the website fresh over from TeamBajaMarine, a 33 Outlaw I still own! But I'm thinking about getting into a 2005 42 Ex 525's staggered. What kind of a wave crusher, if at all is this boat, or is it only a "go fast 38 footer" as all my friends are telling me. The 33 Baja has a good rough water ride. We are in Houston, Gulf of Mexico.

Quick Reply: 42 Fountain bottoms ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.