Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113584-why-both-worlds-same-weekend.html)

CAP071 10-03-2005 08:46 PM

Re: WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND?

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
KEY WEST KEY WEST KEY WEST :drink: :drink: :drink: :D :evilb:

:evilb: :drink: :D

F1-00 Racing 10-04-2005 02:11 AM

Ron,

Few questions:

1)In '04, why did OSS recieve TDC money when they didnt fulfill their end of the contract? A:Because JC thought it was the right thing to do for the betterment of the sport

2)Why dont you, being the big time Offshore Editor that you are, contact JC himself and ask him these same questions that you are instructing everyone else to and you seem to be able to contact everyone else but him? hell I'm a peon racer and I know the truth A: I dont have a clue to your logic

3)As reported in other posts, Bacardi Silver, (arguably the most recognizable boat in offshore today) is running in KW this year;Why?
A:your the UNBIASED(hehe) reporter, do your homework

4)When the 3 sanctioning bodies agreed to run KW together in '04, one stipulation was that they honor each others banishments from their individual associations. Why was one particular racer allowed to race when he was banned from one of the bodies? A: Because JC thought it was for the betterment of racing

Please Ron you are a good man and I respect you, but please do me a favor quit trying to protray that SBI/APBA and John are evil and they are the villians. We as a whole(all offshore racers) are the villians because we keep screwing the fans.

Trent Weyant - Throttleman
Team VenomPowerBoats.com
F1-12

A little disclaimer, above stated is facts, not intended to bash or anything of the sort. Yes I am a SBI/APBA racer due to the fact that they are the only major circuit that offers the F1 class. If others offered it also I would race anywhere, anytime, against anyone.

F1-00 Racing 10-04-2005 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
1 of the sanctioning bodies doesnt care about the good of the sport or the racers. Only their check book. you figure out who that is.

At least its in the black and not in the red! :eek:

luv ya big brother

A little disclaimer, I guess this could be construed as a bash, probally so, but come on, he opened the door wide open, I had too, I couldnt control myself, it was just to easy! :sorry:

KiloKat 10-04-2005 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
As reported in other posts, Bacardi Silver, (arguably the most recognizable boat in offshore today) is running in KW this year;Why?

Just for the record, that answer is simple and I thought had been made very clear to everyone in the past - this team races when and where my sponsor wants us to race. As the premier sponsor in any sport, their venue decisions are based on marketing goals and not sanctioning body politics.

The Menace 10-04-2005 06:44 AM

Anybody who doesn't understand that answer?

Pretty clear to me.

Ron P 10-04-2005 06:44 AM

Trent, if you know the answers, let's hear em.

I just got the butter for the popcorn. :D

gdfatha 10-04-2005 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ron P
I'm sure you'll all have fun in Key West, how could you not. It just won't be the same as last year. You might as well go to Deerfield this weekend, it will be the same boats.

Hopefully Bruce is right and next year will be better.

Something has got to change.

Ron..

Are you saying no OSS boats in Deerfield??

PatriYacht 10-04-2005 09:34 AM

I've heard an OSS members side of the story, which was very convincing. Now I wonder why J. Carbonnell doesn't try to explain his side of the story. It is unfortunate that they all can't be in Key West.

Ron P 10-04-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
Ron..

Are you saying no OSS boats in Deerfield??

Hi Marc,

Since Deerfield is an SBI/APBA race and the OSS race in Corpus Christi Tx is the following week, I highly doubt that any OSS boats will show in Deerfield. Just a guess, time will tell.

Ron

gdfatha 10-04-2005 11:35 AM

Thanks Ron..

I guess I'll cover for you at Key West. :D

I'lll have more time watching the course and the cement view blocker instead of spying on you in the food tent.. :evilb:

OUCH...Damn that hurt... :eek: :drink:

By the way.. why doesn't anyone mention Callan?? Where will they be running..

I still like your "NATURAL" photos..