Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259880-looking-fastest-30-33-foot-twin-engine-vee-hull.html)

Stormrider 08-11-2011 03:40 PM

Jo, can you post pics of the staggered 28s you've done?

onesickpantera 08-11-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 3476460)
Jo, can you post pics of the staggered 28s you've done?

I didn't think they did any staggered 28s? I guess Jo will let us know for sure.

pullmytrigger 08-11-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3476241)
I'm skeptical of boat test reports especially if Reggie sets the boat up.

Haha!!:drink::drink:

JO - PANTERABOATS 08-11-2011 07:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
With a full length cabin and a side by side twin 525 EFI set up this 41' will run right at 85-86 MPH on GPS. It is a BIG 41' without the platform. Out in the ocean is where it really shows its true potential. We do offer it with a staggered engine set up ( unlimited HP ) and # 6 drives.

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3476455)
WOW! gorgeous Jo! how did it run with the 525's side by side?

JO - PANTERABOATS 08-11-2011 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by onesickpantera (Post 3476468)
I didn't think they did any staggered 28s? I guess Jo will let us know for sure.

We have not built a staggered engine 28' YET. Would like to do it with a pair of 600-650 HP small blocks. My Father and I have been talking about it for years.

JO

RaggedEdge 08-11-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater (Post 3474945)
Not sure who you are talking to about the ride in a Fountain. By your response, I can only assume you have not ridden in one.
Most performance V's do not jump on plane, some better some worse, high X's and large pitch props contribute to that.
Runs like dog****? one of the most efficient hulls going in any size. Compare speeds with equal power in same size boats. Fountains are usually as fast if not faster.
Poor manners at high speed? I have never had one of my Fountains do anything unpredicable at high speed.
Most people who ride in ours have never been over 100 mph on the water, usually their first remark is how stable the boat was, and didnt even feel like you were going that fast.
Many great manufacturers to chose from, few fit you needs, go water test yourself instead of relying on second hand information.
But since you own many faster, bigger boats, you probably all ready knew that.:drink::drink:

Well put. The Fountains I have had have been very predictable at speed. Though mine will not run past 100 it is near flawless up to and slightly past 90. Have been in the staggered version of this hull past 100 and it did not change the character one little bit. I have been in 35's from other manufacturers that I can not say the same for.