Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!! >

Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!!

Notices

Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

If you ever decide to buy another used boat, I've got one word for you - survey.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

To play devils advocate here. What if the OP is telling the truth about buying the boat as a 99 and it turns out it is a 89. Where will the hate and jokes turn to? Everyone will want the OP to out the seller as a fraud, as earlier said. Where is the OSO brotherhood in trying to help? Been a couple nice threads about helping one another out lately, it was actually a nice read.

Again no dog is this fight. Although I was a newbie once, and I am still learning. Glad I was not accused of being Darr.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 737 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountainfunatic
Thanks for looking that up. I appreciate it very much. Know I am on the hunt for the other hin#s to see what they read. I am willing to bet it says 89 for the last 2 numbers. I think I am going to call fountain back and ask him to run the HIN again but with 89 for the last 2 numbers and see what comes up.
Send fountain a picture of your boat. They should identify the year positivly regardless of what the HID states. Better yet send it to reggie at Real Fast where he now resides.
ed
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Well, as part of your "retro 1999 package" they gave you drives built in 1989
Is that the "89" theme package, comes with a kilo, blue blockers and a Walkman?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I will post pics of the interior when I get home from work tonight.
As others have asked, good pics of the interior, engines, HIN, etc. sure would be helpful.
This sure is getting interesting...
Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
To play devils advocate here. What if the OP is telling the truth about buying the boat as a 99 and it turns out it is a 89. Where will the hate and jokes turn to? Everyone will want the OP to out the seller as a fraud, as earlier said. Where is the OSO brotherhood in trying to help? Been a couple nice threads about helping one another out lately, it was actually a nice read.

Again no dog is this fight. Although I was a newbie once, and I am still learning. Glad I was not accused of being Darr.
I dont think anyone is "hating" on this guy. He pretty much called me a "know it all", when I started pointing out, that his boat/engines/speed and data wasnt adding up. Then I saw the pics of his boat, and called it out, that he doesnt have a 1999 model.

What scares me, is a guy goes and buys a 35 Fountain. Which is a serious machine, 1989 or 1999. However, he doesnt know whether his hull is stepped or not. He knows nothing of the history of Fountains, what years were what, what speeds they run with XXX power, and so on. He knows enough though that he wants to stuff 650HP engines in it, and go 100MPH. I'm sorry but thats what the offshore hobby has turned into these days. I have a few bucks, I really dont know anything, but I wanna go fast.

After he gets his title and this whole mess solved as far as the fraudulent crap goes, just some friendly advice, install some external steering before you do any more 100mph upgrades. Some might see this post as me being a dik. BUT, if only he would have came here to oso before writing any checks for the boat, or the engine upgrades, maybe someone could have helped him avoid a situation of buying a boat that was misrepresented, or snapping a steering cable at 90mph. [ATTACH=CONFIG]527776[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!!-miscboatpics006.jpg  
Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On page 12 interceptor posted a link to our new interior pics I was going to post. The reason this is all coming about now is due to you guys looking closely at our boat and I thank you for the help. We have owned the boat for a few years however had no reason to doubt any info that was given to us by the seller. Also the seller sold the boat to us as a 99 model 35ft Lightning. Again we had no reason to think different. Some of you can make jokes all you want about the situation and that is fine, I could care less. I have a bigger issue to deal with now.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

On page 12 interceptor posted a link to our new interior pics I was going to post. The reason this is all coming about now is due to you guys looking closely at our boat and I thank you for the help. We have owned the boat for a few years however had no reason to doubt any info that was given to us by the seller. Also the seller sold the boat to us as a 99 model 35ft Lightning. Again we had no reason to think different. Some of you can make jokes all you want about the situation and that is fine, I could care less. I have a bigger issue to deal with now.
I sincerly hope you get it straightened out. And even though you might catch some slack or razzing, we are here to help a brother out.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mild Thunder, I wasn't pointing the finger directly at anyone in general rather some of the people making stupid comments and not trying to help the situation. Yes I was told to put external steering on before I was to try to run 100mph. I understand like I have said previously that it will take more hp to run 100mph as well! I had some wishful thinking there but know better now. Thanks for your help it is appreciated. I just get frustrated with stupid comments and nothi g was directed towards you.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mild Thunder, I wasn't pointing the finger directly at anyone in general rather some of the people making stupid comments and not trying to help the situation. Yes I was told to put external steering on before I was to try to run 100mph. I understand like I have said previously that it will take more hp to run 100mph as well! I had some wishful thinking there but know better now. Thanks for your help it is appreciated. I just get frustrated with stupid comments and nothi g was directed towards you.

You still have a great Hull. It would just need a few more ponies to get to desired goal....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.