2015 Don Aronow Around Long Island Memorial Marathon >

2015 Don Aronow Around Long Island Memorial Marathon

Notices

2015 Don Aronow Around Long Island Memorial Marathon

Old 11-10-2014, 07:14 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, for us class 4 guys, OPA is tryin for a Fall River race 3rd week in Aug, just sayin.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
FYI, for us class 4 guys, OPA is tryin for a Fall River race 3rd week in Aug, just sayin.
Won't happen. Fall River is poor. The only one pushing for it is mike
Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Looks like you may fall under the heaviest number of people interested so far.....the 35 foot to 42 foot group.
Lol

he said 33' sutphen, not fountain. ....
Old 11-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
We're committed to opa. If the dates align we will be with OPA...as im guessing you will be too.

Dont spread rumors scarab. Not good for the sport
Old 11-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Registered

is there a clutch pedal?
Old 11-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Unleashed would love us to run her but not going to install AUX fuel tanks, especially after having to replace the leaking bladders this year.

Good luck organizing and I look forward to enjoying the pics and videos
Old 11-11-2014, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

An interesting thought to this real endurance ocean racing stuff.....

After watching race 3 in kw (live stream) and seeing a posting of lap speeds I got to thinking (yes I know that dangerous).

A lot of talk on the real ocean stuff is that the helicopter and rescue boats aren't right there when the big guns blow over, spin, roll etc. Everyone who saw Geico stand the boat up said thank god they didnt blow over. They didnt blow over because they weren't doing 180 mph, they were doing half that.if not even slower. You also eliminate 98% of the spins and rolls if you take away all the pins they are trying to cut like miss budwieser. In nice lumpy open ocean water you simply cant go 150~180 mph, I think Marc and Scotties fastest lap was 89. building a canopy to survive a 100 mph wipeout isn't all that difficult. There for it would seem to me that even though rescue is further away, open ocean racing would be the safer.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
We're committed to opa. If the dates align we will be with OPA...as im guessing you will be too.

Dont spread rumors scarab. Not good for the sport
no rumors........just $.02
Fall River is a very poor city on the verge of bankruptcy. Cutbacks on fire, police, etc........so if they were able to raise funds to get OPA to come to town it would be amazing. Not only that but their waterfront is kind of a disaster area.

sorry for the topic detour top banana. TTT
Old 11-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
An interesting thought to this real endurance ocean racing stuff.....

After watching race 3 in kw (live stream) and seeing a posting of lap speeds I got to thinking (yes I know that dangerous).

A lot of talk on the real ocean stuff is that the helicopter and rescue boats aren't right there when the big guns blow over, spin, roll etc. Everyone who saw Geico stand the boat up said thank god they didnt blow over. They didnt blow over because they weren't doing 180 mph, they were doing half that.if not even slower. You also eliminate 98% of the spins and rolls if you take away all the pins they are trying to cut like miss budwieser. In nice lumpy open ocean water you simply cant go 150~180 mph, I think Marc and Scotties fastest lap was 89. building a canopy to survive a 100 mph wipeout isn't all that difficult. There for it would seem to me that even though rescue is further away, open ocean racing would be the safer.
The record is 2hr 11 mins in good conditions. That's averaging well above 100mph
Old 11-11-2014, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
The Fall River race is on the OPA schedule for mid August.There is a large riverfront event either the second or the third week of August. Mike does not want to conflict with that event.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.