BUI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one >

BUI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one

Notices

BUI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one

Old 09-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
or cost you some time . depending on when youre last drink was ,takes a few minutes to go thru the procees to get to lungs .
Very true! A buddy blew higher at the station than on the road. Then blew higher 15 minutes later. That's what happens when you do 3 shots at last cal . Lol
Old 09-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

But it shouldn't matter what you blew later. Only the one right after being pulled over should matter since you weren't driving just before the later higher reading. If I went to the bar on the way home from work and in five minutes pounded down 5 shots of the hard stuff, got up, paid my bill, walked out, jumped in my car and drove home ( three houses down). A cop is at the bar and sees me hammer them down and pulls me over in my driveway, I blow half the legal limit but he arrests me anyway because of the amount he saw me drink. He then takes me to the station and I blow way over the legal limit. WAS I GUILTY
This is just a story.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
But it shouldn't matter what you blew later. Only the one right after being pulled over should matter since you weren't driving just before the later higher reading. If I went to the bar on the way home from work and in five minutes pounded down 5 shots of the hard stuff, got up, paid my bill, walked out, jumped in my car and drove home ( three houses down). A cop is at the bar and sees me hammer them down and pulls me over in my driveway, I blow half the legal limit but he arrests me anyway because of the amount he saw me drink. He then takes me to the station and I blow way over the legal limit. WAS I GUILTY
This is just a story.

Depends on how good Officer Friendly's creative writing skills are, I presume. There's always one in every crowd....

Many officers DON'T want to make OUIL arrests. Between the PBT, field sobriety check, travel time, DataMaster/blood draw, and reports, it's about 3-4 hours of crap work. Add a thoroughly pizzed off drunk and it's even more of a treat (sarcasm). The officer simply can't let a jovial drunk get back behind the wheel and go on his merry way, because if the jovial drunk hits a boat full of nuns, the officer is going to learn some new legal terms, all of which boil down to what is commonly known as "royally
phukked". And of course, when the officer finishes the OUIL rodeo, he gets to go back to his beat/scout area/sector and deal with a bunch of stacked up calls that have been waiting for him since he first asked "how many drinks?"

What about the grand ol' days of "officer discretion", you ask? Well, that went away with the advent of FOIA, dash cams, body cams, live feeds to supervisors via wifi, and of course, people complaining about disparity on social media outlets. Now everybody with a few wobble pops in them gets a free night at the graybar motel (well, excluding the $12 booking fee).

Blame the legislators, they're the ones that caved into .08 instead of raising taxes to make up for the lost federal road funding.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 09-09-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[ = jail

Last edited by klaatutooyou; 09-10-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

I got one last summer in NY. Same thing I blew a .11 luckily they left the boat at the dock and I was released a few hrs later. In NY, it doesn't effect your driving license for first offense. It WILL however show up on your driving abstract from DMV. But say you get your first DWI, the DWI will now be a second driving ui offense. Oh and they won't let you into Canada either now....
Old 09-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I'm interested in why the police started the process with those that eventually got a owi/DUI ? What were you doing ?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OP has not responded. Just started thread here and in Great Lakes forum.... Troll ////????
Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Depends on how good Officer Friendly's creative writing skills are, I presume. There's always one in every crowd....

Many officers DON'T want to make OUIL arrests. Between the PBT, field sobriety check, travel time, DataMaster/blood draw, and reports, it's about 3-4 hours of crap work. Add a thoroughly pizzed off drunk and it's even more of a treat (sarcasm). The officer simply can't let a jovial drunk get back behind the wheel and go on his merry way, because if the jovial drunk hits a boat full of nuns, the officer is going to learn some new legal terms, all of which boil down to what is commonly known as "royally
phukked". And of course, when the officer finishes the OUIL rodeo, he gets to go back to his beat/scout area/sector and deal with a bunch of stacked up calls that have been waiting for him since he first asked "how many drinks?"

What about the grand ol' days of "officer discretion", you ask? Well, that went away with the advent of FOIA, dash cams, body cams, live feeds to supervisors via wifi, and of course, people complaining about disparity on social media outlets. Now everybody with a few wobble pops in them gets a free night at the graybar motel (well, excluding the $12 booking fee).

Blame the legislators, they're the ones that caved into .08 instead of raising taxes to make up for the lost federal road funding.

I think 1 year we had 6 in the top 10 out of the top 100 in the nation of officers that gave DUI's. I remember them hitting the newspapers getting awards etc, they still get federal grants and the Sheriff lets them make the overtime. But when 1 LE has over 600 DUI arrest in one year. The days of officer discretion is gone. The local lawyers here charge 10-15k to take the case to trail.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I'm interested in why the police started the process with those that eventually got a owi/DUI ? What were you doing ?
52 in a 45.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
DUI or BUI? When you are on a boat you can be stopped at any time for a "safety check".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.