Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? >

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Notices

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Old 06-17-2003, 08:54 PM
JGB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a nice ride Tom. Good Luck with it!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Interesting thread since I am a Formula Fastech guy with BBC power, got away from outboards years ago. But for the 4th of July weekend we are going to Orange Beach,Al with some friends and I asked Karen what boat should we take?She said "Take the Yellow 29ZF Donzi,it will carry 10 people at 60 mph with no hassle". I don't fish,don't intend to but have to admit this is a good choice. Put in the gas and go,should be fun.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Mike,we recently delivered a 29ZF with 250 EFI's. Sweet motors,the customer is happy and the EFI's have been around a long time with no problems at all.Wanted to get my next 29 with them but they already had 225 Optis setup,should also be no problems but at my age I like the old stuff. You made a nice choice.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:59 PM
Registered

Default Re: Madcow.....

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Are you coming over to Mentor in July .... It's gonna be a good one .

JM
Man I hope so. I've had a ton of crap going on lately, but I NEED a break. Let you know.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:24 PM
tunnelvision

FEVER MIKE, GO WITH THE OPTIMAX'S. I BOUGHT TWO OF THOSE POWER STEERING KITS FOR TRIPLES. THE ONES WHERE YOU REMOVE ONE OF THE MOTORS ALTERNTAORS AND INSTALL A POWER STEERING PUMP IN ITS PLACE FOR A TRIPLE SET UP. ITS THE SAME KIT THAT FOUNTAIN PUTS ON THEIR TRIP.'S. ONE OF THEM IS STILL IN THE BOX ,PM ME IF YOU WANT IT. YOU WON'T MISS THAT 50 H.P. FROM THE 250 EFI'S BUT YOU WILL LOVE THE ECONOMY OF THE OPTI'S. CHECK OUT USED VALUES ALSO, THINK THE OPTI'S ARE WORTH MORE IN THE LONG RUN ALSO.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:46 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I fish and I have a bad spine that kills me diggin around under an engine hatch. I need a smooth ride more than speed if I intend on boating for years to come. We're moving to Florida as soon as this house sells and we find a spot. Guess what kind of boat I'm leaning towards?

Does anone have any info on Zero Tolerance boats? That one on ebay listed above looks nice but I cant find a site for the builder.

PS. Somebody delete this damn thread cause its gonna drive the price up!

Old 06-17-2003, 11:49 PM
JJH
Registered

Fever Mike...

You won't be dissapointed with the Concept. My dad has had a 28, now 30, since 1998, and the boat was built in Dec. of 95. The rigging, and overall quality of the boat is incredible! Concept does a great job at building boats. We love this boat. The 28, with twin 225 Johnsons(old and tired too) runs about 55-58 mph. When we first got the boat it used to run over 60 mph, but i guess the engines just have too many hours on them. Hopefully we will be repowering soon with 225 optis, or we are considering Yamaha. Just to show the reliability of Yamaha, we have a little Mako for fishing the flats with a 1988 Yamaha 130 and we have never had a problem with it, and the engine has been running 6K rpm's for most of its life too!

Down here in S. Fla the CC boats have pretty much exploded and you see them everywhere. What more can you ask for, room, speed, and overall you can do just about anything with them.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:27 AM
JGB
Registered

Mr. Demeanor,

http://www.zerotoleranceboats.com/index.html

Their boats are a little low in freeboard for my taste but have a nice look!

Good Luck in your search

Jim
Old 06-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Why stop at triples?http://www.iboats.com/sites/trailerb..._page_124.html
Old 06-18-2003, 12:42 PM
tunnelvision

CHECK OUT THE EXPRESS IN THIS MONTHS HOT BOAT. 4 300X'S!!

Quick Reply: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.