If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Re: Opinions on Arriva boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim G.
    I worked for a Bayliner dealer many moons ago... Those Arriva's were nicer than a standard Bottomliner, but they were still Bayliners...
    They had a 20' with a 200 Merc OB, or Stern drive, and a 24' with a BBC. They were OK provided you were a lake or river boater.
    We had a 24 out in the Chesapeake bay, on a rough day... I thought we were never gonna make it home....
    Tim, Did you work for Stoltzfus? I remember the Arriva in the showroom....Saw one on the bay the other week also!!

Re: Opinions on Arriva boats?

Hi, Still looking for a windshield for my 26 Arriva 2552. I would even consider buying a wrecked one. Please keep your eyes open. Or if any of you that worked for Bayliner can tell me where the windshields came from! Thanks Dave

My Boats:
    89' Arriva2450, 85' 270 SR Sundancer
    Mesa, Az
    Well, I think they have the nicest lines for their time. Mine does 70mph with a mirage plus 25P @ 4800 rpm.

Well Red I know I get alot of compliments on mine and shes 20 years old though there isn't much original other then the dash and some of the lower paint. She is now running a built 5.7 pushing 360 horse 358 dyno. The old alpha I was told would explode did rebuilt it and been fine for last 5 years not a prob other then a small boot started leaking this season so my opinion the hulls and drives are fine its the cosmetics that are so so on them if they have been maintained of course which the one discribed at start of thread wasn't so yes whatch it on that one. The floatation foam is subject to break down I hear too though checked mine two years back fine I am a lake runner in a desert type climb though so when shes out of water she drys right up fast.

Mission Viejo, CA
    Arriva was an independent manufacturer until the very early 1990's that's when Bayliner took them over. The early Arrivas were better built and stronger than the mid 1990 and up boats that were manufactured by Bayliner. Mine is going on 20+ years and going strong. The floors will get soft on you and you will need to replace them as they were not sealed properly from the botton and the bilge water will get the wood soaked. Other than that? the 24.5 footers do 50 MPH (verified gps) with the stock 7.4, 330 HP engines. I have a blown 498 in mine pushing 900+HP and it does well into the high 70's (verified gps) . They ride extremely well and handle the same.

My Boats:
    2000 Powerplay 25'
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by ghittner View Post
    the 24.5 footers do 50 MPH (verified gps) with the stock 7.4, 330 HP engines. I have a blown 498 in mine pushing 900+HP and it does well into the high 70's (verified gps) . They ride extremely well and handle the same.
    900+ HP on a 24 and high 70's? Hmmmm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12