water pressure questions >

water pressure questions

Notices

water pressure questions

Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts
Default water pressure questions

On the Fountain boats where is the engine water pressure pick up ?
I'm reading high oil temp, 150-160 water temp and zero water pressure on one engine.
ed
Old 09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
On the Fountain boats where is the engine water pressure pick up ?
I'm reading high oil temp, 150-160 water temp and zero water pressure on one engine.
ed
Mine were on the right hand side of the engine block as you look at the front of the motor.They just use one of the drain ports and add a hose bib and then the hose.Remove the hose bib and flush the hole out with water and a piece of wire.The hole will get clogged over time and make the pressure read zero.

Nordic95
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine also read zero because the bypass water valve (the southern-engineered double valve on the transom) was jammed. Even though I could turn the round handle, the valve was stuck in the mechanism. To verify this, hook your garden hose to the fitting on the center of the transom, switch the valve over so water flows to the engine in question...
...water should run out of your exhaust if it is opening correctly. (engine is off ) No water out of exhaust means the valve is stuck or broken. Unhook the double valve contraption from the water lines, take the screw-down valve apart to inspect. Mine was jammed, not broken. Carder
Old 09-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

usually if you have a major restriction on the inlet side of the water system, you will destroy the impellar in the raw water pump. over heat and have no water coming out of the exhaust.

if you have 1/4 rubber water pressure hose to the gauge, they usually are on the side of the block as stated and usually fill up with sediment and sand or the like and plug the hose.

if you can remove the hose from the block, keep say a coat hanger handy. remove the other end of said hose from tehe back of the guage and pressureize it using compressed air. if it does not free itself of the obstruction then have someone apply pressure to the guage side while you slowly and carefully, with hose pointed away from your face insert the coat hanger or similiar stiff thin wire into end of hose and the clog should come out. sometimes the clog is a foot or more away.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Guys,
Thanks for the help. I now know where the water pick up is on the block. I had cleaned those ports in the spring and they were clogged then. I'll get at them again with a piece of wire.
ed