Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Does this motor look rebuilt >

Does this motor look rebuilt

Notices

Does this motor look rebuilt

Old 07-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't you drive the 10hrs to Ohio and make it right. Dale already made his trip, maybe you should make it instead of washing your hands clean because he won't ship them to you or drive them back out to NJ.

My guess is, you were told the were rebuilt and got lazy and just passed them on to make a few bucks without out checking.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said, I have no dog in this and don't know either parties. Like with any customer, it's best to do what you can to make them happy as possible within reason. If not, your reputation will not be salvaged. As you've probably seen in previous threads who's had an unsatisfied customer. Every person who has viewed this thread probably is going to tell 10 others and so on. It just doesn't go with the builder, but anyone doing business. Whether you knew or not, he like others pay your check or the doors close. I hope it turns out well.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
Like others have said, I have no dog in this and don't know either parties. Like with any customer, it's best to do what you can to make them happy as possible within reason. If not, your reputation will not be salvaged. As you've probably seen in previous threads who's had an unsatisfied customer. Every person who has viewed this thread probably is going to tell 10 others and so on. It just doesn't go with the builder, but anyone doing business. Whether you knew or not, he like others pay your check or the doors close. I hope it turns out well.
100% agree with you. Since you've only been here about a year, I'll give you the cliff notes.

This isn't Paul's first unhappy customer, and he's not an engine builder. He's been banned from the swap section of this site for his dishonesty and misrepresentation. I don't know what line of work he's in, but he slings used parts on the side.

I too hope he makes it right. Take back these engines and give dale his "junk 454s". We all know you swore up and down these are year 2000 502s. They aren't even gen VI motors. The bearing date codes and condition all point to early gen V HP500s. I tend want to agree with s022mag, maybe Paul got the raw end of this deal too, and simply middle manned these engines. But the way he represented them was just plain wrong. Dale is honest about his lack of knowledge on engjnes, but even he recognized these weren't gen VI engines right off the bat.

Paul, do the right thing. I want to believe you two can work it out.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
100% agree with you. Since you've only been here about a year, I'll give you the cliff notes.

This isn't Paul's first unhappy customer, and he's not an engine builder. He's been banned from the swap section of this site for his dishonesty and misrepresentation. I don't know what line of work he's in, but he slings used parts on the side.

I too hope he makes it right. Take back these engines and give dale his "junk 454s". We all know you swore up and down these are year 2000 502s. They aren't even gen VI motors. The bearing date codes and condition all point to early gen V HP500s. I tend want to agree with s022mag, maybe Paul got the raw end of this deal too, and simply middle manned these engines. But the way he represented them was just plain wrong. Dale is honest about his lack of knowledge on engjnes, but even he recognized these weren't gen VI engines right off the bat.

Paul, do the right thing. I want to believe you two can work it out.
This would be his only option create the motor with all the parts and send it back so we can see what happen to it .
Old 07-29-2015, 05:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

It would be a lot cheaper and easier for Paul to jump on a plane and fly out to see the parts the way they came apart and look at engine number 2 that is gonna blow up also, they can agree on the situation of how to handle it and Paul can fly home, crating and shipping things is expensive and time consuming, it's almost August and Dale would like to go boating...not spend the rest of a summer messing around going back and forth, if Paul was standing behind them he would have done something like that, or agree to give Dale cash to help a local builder fix it or them, I am use Mustang parts seller and when I sell engines, I drive them, pull pans and verify whats in it, do the best I can, I have sold MANY engines from stock 5.0 to high end stroker and supercharged ones and in 15 years never had a bad deal because I am as honest as can be and if I didn't verify or drive them they get sold knowing that and the price is set about what its worth in parts and buyer knows that.... Paul should have said to Dale they ran 10 years ago, but not ran since...or even looked at obviously....you may not be a business or engine builder, but selling used parts is just that, be honest and take care of it when a deal goes bad....I agree some people will try to make it your fault when they damage something, but in this case with the rust seen, the engine was not
new" at all, not even close.....the price should have reflected that....

Paul, do the right thing..... we are all boaters and it sucks to miss valuable time....
Old 07-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kidapache
This would be his only option create the motor with all the parts and send it back so we can see what happen to it .
IT's pretty clear you don't have the ability to build an engine, let alone diagnose the issue, so why would he send it back to you? The pictures speak for themselves. You did not deliver what dale paid for. Plain and simple. Either reverse the deal and eat the shipping back (dale already ate the shipping the first way) or work out some other amicable resolution. I know Dale would be willing to work with you, he just wants this behind him.

Crating them up and sending them back for inspection is assinine. You should have "inspected" them before you pedaled them to dale.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

2000 gen 6 HP500s my azz
Old 07-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidapache
Why do I have a feeling nothing will get resolved here. If it was me I wouldn't crate chit back to you so that you can make up some bull hit excuse of why they failed and blame it all on Dale as you did earlier.

Why would a bolt break off from taking the carb off unless it was seized up or rusted. Even top ends being refreshed everything should back out with ease. Why did you even have Dale take the carbs off? If he didn't want them why didn't you take them off?.. Maybe because you knew they were stuck on.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered

What was the warranty? 30 feet or 30 seconds
Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s022mag
What was the warranty? 30 feet or 30 seconds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.