Notices

Torch Lake MI boaters?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motoboy
maybe open that bar back up at 31/m88

Did you have a teacher named Ms. Carleton?

Can't wait to get back up there on Memorial day weekend.

tg.
The old sneekins bar in Eastport?
looked at that, I am looking into buying the old Eastport township hall and EMT building across the street, icecream, candy store, bakery, coffee shop,and yes maybe a bar with local entertainment in the evenings,( simular to the old brownwood) with a boat repair and restore shop in the old EMT building.
What did Ms. Carleton teach?
I graduated in 82
JR
Old 05-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Recently, I was going through some old postcard images I had scanned on my PC when I came across this - older guys may remember this spot...it was one of those buildings you see as a kid and never forget - just classic Northern Michigan...

Nope, sorry I have never seen that building.
Where is it located? or was located?
JR
Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Mico's...Now owned by Gordy (dochside) it burn't years back.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

I should have said its a parking lot now.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 26sxl
I should have said its a parking lot now.

Yes - unfortunately.

In the 60's it was called Fetz's Lodge - The Dockside was an IGA store, and the rental unit next door was a Pancake House.

After coming back to the area after many years, I was sad to see the parking lot - the staff over at Butch's told me about the fire. Too bad. Overall, though - the area is pretty much like it was back then - we used to stay at the Northaire Resort over on Clam Lake.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

Don't forget about Stan's ,awsum burgers back in the 60's.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

The people up there are pretty nice too----but of course there is always an exception to the rule. A perfect example of this, is this local guy I ran into up there that goes by the name of "Rick"---owns a auto repair shop somewhere and hangs out with Michael Moore at Torch Lake---he seems to think he owns that too!

Last edited by KAAMA; 05-22-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
The people up there are pretty nice too----but of course there is always an exception to the rule. A perfect example of this, is this local guy I ran into up there that goes by the name of "Rick"---owns a auto repair shop somewhere and hangs out with Michael Moore at Torch Lake---he seems to think he owns that too!
Bunch of us doing a trailer trip to TC in Aug, where are the good stops for boats in the 38' range ?
Old 05-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A couple of boats that size trying to launch at Torch could be an issue. I have a horror story about launching my boat into Torch last year the day after Boyne Thunder. Great Lake once you're out there, but what a B#@tch getting there.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I heard Luhr's Landing on the Torch River is adequate enough for 40+ footers....I think someone said a 40' Skater launched there last year. I have never launched there myself, but I know some of the locals up there who know those waters well and they said Luhr's Landing can handle some of the bigger boats.

I usually launch in Elk Lake in downtown Elk Rapids---not sure I can do that anymore with the new hog I have now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.