37 AVH prop slip >

37 AVH prop slip

Notices

37 AVH prop slip

Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydro update

I have been pretty busy so I have not had a chance to run it with light load yet but the full fuel 4 adults prop slip is at 12% now with the 29P Hydros, much better planning time now, good mid range punch and picked up 2-3 mph top end. Doing a group run on the 15th so we will have the chance to run it with light load on the return leg to get WOT #'s then. But so far love the Hydros for fresh water and we are at 460' above sea level and the motors are ready for a refresh this winter so not bad at all.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered

Laszlo01
Props sound like they are working well, 12% is very good.
What speed improvement in mid range cruise (3000-3500) keep the updates coming.
Steve
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Question Props & Drive Trim

Originally Posted by laszlo01
I have been pretty busy so I have not had a chance to run it with light load yet but the full fuel 4 adults prop slip is at 12% now with the 29P Hydros, much better planning time now, good mid range punch and picked up 2-3 mph top end. Doing a group run on the 15th so we will have the chance to run it with light load on the return leg to get WOT #'s then. But so far love the Hydros for fresh water and we are at 460' above sea level and the motors are ready for a refresh this winter so not bad at all.
37 AT running with 3 adults and light fuel load on flat to water mixed by boat traffic I just ran 81 with 27 pitch Hydro's but I was all over the rev limiters 5400 RPM. This calculates to a 12% slip. Power and acceleration were very strong. I also was only able to run with the drive trim at about 2 or keep the drives tucked in order to keep the bow from bouncing. Is this caused by the props or by the boat and should I be able to run more drive trim.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Registered

I would think the 27 is not enough pitch which reflects in the high rpm and looseness, I was recomended the 29's and am running 5200 rpm max trimmed up. Hydro has a exchange program if you just bought them send them back for the 29 P5X with the ring and you should be good to go, we ran it sunday with 5 adults 2 kids and all our gear full fuel in flat water, tabs neutral or slight offset for wind, trim at neutral and ran 83 with no bow bounce, i was taught in the tre school how to run the tabs and drive settings and was worth the seat time with Tre, if you have a chance to take the class I would highly recomend it as it will make clear on what is taking place and how to correct for conditions properly. JMHO

Originally Posted by VIPER7
37 AT running with 3 adults and light fuel load on flat to water mixed by boat traffic I just ran 81 with 27 pitch Hydro's but I was all over the rev limiters 5400 RPM. This calculates to a 12% slip. Power and acceleration were very strong. I also was only able to run with the drive trim at about 2 or keep the drives tucked in order to keep the bow from bouncing. Is this caused by the props or by the boat and should I be able to run more drive trim.