37 AVH prop slip >

37 AVH prop slip

Notices

37 AVH prop slip

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37 AVH prop slip

Question for you guys, finally had a chance to do a shake down run over the weekend and have a couple of questions. First being I am running the 32's that came with the boat, not sure of condition but seems like alot of prop slip getting it up on plane, is this normal ? What settings are you at when you get it out of the hole ? Second is do you get alot of feedback on the steering wheel, kind of like it wanting to center itself in a turn ? I am going to try a set of new stock 32's next week and see what the difference is, since I am not sure if these props have been adjusted or not. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by laszlo01; 05-21-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Question for you guys, finally had a chance to do a shake down run over the weekend and have a couple of questions. First being I am running the 32's that came with the boat, not sure of condition but seems like alot of prop slip getting it up on plane, is this normal ? What settings are you at when you get it out of the hole ? Second is do you get alot of feedback on the steering wheel, kind of like it wanting to center itself in a turn ? I am going to try a set of new stock 32's next week and see what the difference is, since I am not sure if these props have been adjusted or not. Any info would be appreciated.
I run in freshwater most of the time and mine didn't plane or handle well with the 4b 32s. They were fine in FL. in the saltwater. I'm running 28p 5b Maximus labbed by B-blades. Easy on plane and they carry the bow nice making the boat very predictable in a turn which is nice because I live on a winding narrow river.
My steering does the same thing if you just turn it a little. Roll it down over a quarter of a turn and it stays.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

sounds good, I have a set of new 32's on the way and will get a hold of a set of the 5 blades as well and see which is best.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My stock 32's are fine coming out of the hole. I tried a set of Merc labbed 32's that were not. How many rpms did you see?

As Mark said, just roll it over 1/4 turn and she will come right around. Just DONT roll it much more than that! Made that mistake on Sunday while doing some more prop testing. Thank goodness she recovered...
Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Macklin
My stock 32's are fine coming out of the hole. I tried a set of Merc labbed 32's that were not. How many rpms did you see?

As Mark said, just roll it over 1/4 turn and she will come right around. Just DONT roll it much more than that! Made that mistake on Sunday while doing some more prop testing. Thank goodness she recovered...
Well if that is the case then these props are definitely toast, we ran it on sunday and could hardly get it up on plane, best thing that worked was to push it to about 3 K rpm and just wait it out, tried creeping it up as well as drives tucked in and planes down, but best was to leave the drives at about 2 with half tab, but still was slipping really bad. Once on plane it was ok but still feel alot of slip, so new stock 32's on the way and will retest this weekend.

But man this was my first time running it myself and WOW we loved the ride ! We had the standard lake erie chop of 3 foot mixed chop with 4-5 foot swells and we cut thru it like butter at 50 mph, glad i made the choice of A/T. Hopefully get all the small details worked out this week and get to run it a bit harder next time. Also starting to get a hang of turning it, just different than my PQ was.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I run in freshwater most of the time and mine didn't plane or handle well with the 4b 32s. They were fine in FL. in the saltwater. I'm running 28p 5b Maximus labbed by B-blades. Easy on plane and they carry the bow nice making the boat very predictable in a turn which is nice because I live on a winding narrow river.
My steering does the same thing if you just turn it a little. Roll it down over a quarter of a turn and it stays.
Did you run the 15 1/2 or the 15 5/8 dia? I might try a set to see what the diff is from the new stock 32's.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Did you run the 15 1/2 or the 15 5/8 dia? I might try a set to see what the diff is from the new stock 32's.
Mine are 15 1/4
Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Mine are 15 1/4
I will have to check with them, they only gave me the two other options. Thank-you
Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered

Well if that is the case then these props are definitely toast, we ran it on sunday and could hardly get it up on plane, best thing that worked was to push it to about 3 K rpm and just wait it out, tried creeping it up as well as drives tucked in and planes down, but best was to leave the drives at about 2 with half tab, but still was slipping really bad. Once on plane it was ok but still feel alot of slip, so new stock 32's on the way and will retest this weekend.

But man this was my first time running it myself and WOW we loved the ride ! We had the standard lake erie chop of 3 foot mixed chop with 4-5 foot swells and we cut thru it like butter at 50 mph, glad i made the choice of A/T. Hopefully get all the small details worked out this week and get to run it a bit harder next time. Also starting to get a hang of turning it, just different than my PQ was.
Lasz, leave the tabs all the way up when you get the new props. Putting them down causes more airation with the DDC hull.

Drives all the way in of course. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

The labbed 4 32's or the labbed 28 5 maximus 15 1/4 are the only way to go. Pat or BBlades can get you hooked up on the 5blade specs. The 5 blades handle twice a good and get on plane twice as good as the 4 blades. You will see pretty much the same speed across the board with either.

If you want an extra 3-4 mph go with a 30 herring. My boat ran 90.5 mph but getting on plane was no fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.