Stealin’ Thunder moves to New York >

Stealin’ Thunder moves to New York

Notices

Stealin’ Thunder moves to New York

Old 06-01-2021, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32 View Post
Ha, one thing I have learned is don't believe everything you read on here. Some may claim 10% slip, never going to happen. With 4 blades the slip was close to 21% so yes, 5 blades do slip less. Slip is just a number and doesn't mean much. If the slip was 12% you wouldn't be able to spin the prop you currently have, the engine would be under too much load to pull a 29 pitch. The RPMs would drop and you would then need to prop down, gaining nothing but a lower slip number. Just an FYI, don't try different lowers either. I talked to Pat about it and he said NO to shorties and standard IMCO or Sportmasters. Claimed I would lose speed with all of them.
So it sounds like you pretty much tried everything under the sun and the way the boat sits is the best all around setup lol. I appreciate passing all this information down, sounds like alls I have to do is enjoy the boat and keep it shined up. Im hoping this weekend we can take it out in Lake Ontario in some little rougher water and really see what it can do. Thanks for all the input fellas!
The following users liked this post:
endeavour32 (06-01-2021)