water plumbing questions? >

water plumbing questions?

Notices

water plumbing questions?

Old 02-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water plumbing questions?

well im re-rigging my boat and fixing all the little issues before the new blowers and equipment go on. one of the issues is the water delivery to and from the engines. i removed the recerc systems and went to crossovers with new t-stat housings and no stats. yes these engines are blown and i plan on this running well into the tripple digits. any advise? ed i know you've got some info.... thanks guys sean
Old 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: water plumbing questions?

plum from the outdrive to the raw water pump. from the pump to the crossover pipe then from the t -stat fitting to the headers. use a separate transome mounted pickup for the intercooler.

if the x dimension is high you will not be able to pickup enough water from the outdrives and you will have to use transom mounted offshore pickups. I have a tee downstream of the raw water pump with a 3/8 inch diameter restricter orfice to feed the intercooler. therefore I can get away with only one offshore pickup for each engine. the outdrive pickup ling is plugged off.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: water plumbing questions?

well i have offshore pickups already. do you use blowoff valves and strainers?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: water plumbing questions?

I do not use blow off valves or strainers in my boat.
I see no problem in putting the blow off valve in the line to the intercooler.

I had a problem with a friends boat with the strainers. above 4000 rpm( 80 mph) a vortex developed in the strainers and he lost water pressure. we were never able to fix the problem so the strainers were removed.

the trailing edge of the offshore pickups should be approximatery 3/8 inch lower than the leading edge and the leading edge should be level with or 1/16 inch above the bottom surface of the sponsons
Old 02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

Default Re: water plumbing questions?

the plumbing was done right im just converting to crossovers and new blowers to fix the mechanical problems. i've got pressure guages so i'll get it out running first then change it up. i ran my daytona to 118mph with no problems but, i did let the water come off the back of both heads as well as the intake manifold on that boat. this is starting to look alot nicer in the bildge area. next is props and tab. never shoulda bought this $$$$$$$ to make it right