I LOVE this GD boat!

Notices

I LOVE this GD boat!

Old 08-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I LOVE this GD boat!

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Mark, Ill buy your 41 apache for 4000 bucks! SIGN ME UP, Ill have twins!
You better drive faster than I do !!!
Marks is one of my Favorites for sure !!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
You better drive faster than I do !!!
Marks is one of my Favorites for sure !!!!!

yeah but it wont be a twin of your boat, I need two of these things bubba!
LOL
Hows it going anyway?
Old 08-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Going good...Gun is running pretty good....still dialing things in.
You getting things worked out ?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

insurance is 4000.00 dollars.with blowers. pullys never came up.TOO MUCH WORK.............mark..........

Last edited by el indio; 08-08-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Registered

Slowly getting things together. I think I am going to start the painting process shortly and get my baby princess a face lift while the few parts are out being worked on.
Get something moving right?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

try this...........total from dashboard back.............lot of work..........m.m......
Attached Thumbnails I LOVE this GD boat!-15.jpg  
Old 05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Still lovin it???
Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

Yeah, Got the intierior all out, replacing alot of the headliner panels, putting in new wiring and overhead lights, took those moron air horns off the deck and patched that hole (was through bolted not just surface screwed on there) Redoing the cushions in the cabin and getting rid of the black and pink seats and side pads, Putting in a new floor (waiting for that to show up) ordered the Jessel valve train and new push rods and gaskets, new heli coil for the one bolt hole in the head that someone stripped out a little bit. Starting some of the airbrushing too, bought a new sand blasting or media blasting cabinet so i have been stripping brackets, parts, valve covers and cleaning all the bolts one by one for it so when it goes back together its perfect. Hell its an apache, it has to be perfect.
No excuses why it should not be perfect.
I have the time and the talent so im stripping it all down and doing it right
Old 05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Yeah, Got the intierior all out, replacing alot of the headliner panels, putting in new wiring and overhead lights, took those moron air horns off the deck and patched that hole (was through bolted not just surface screwed on there) Redoing the cushions in the cabin and getting rid of the black and pink seats and side pads, Putting in a new floor (waiting for that to show up) ordered the Jessel valve train and new push rods and gaskets, new heli coil for the one bolt hole in the head that someone stripped out a little bit. Starting some of the airbrushing too, bought a new sand blasting or media blasting cabinet so i have been stripping brackets, parts, valve covers and cleaning all the bolts one by one for it so when it goes back together its perfect. Hell its an apache, it has to be perfect.
No excuses why it should not be perfect.
I have the time and the talent so im stripping it all down and doing it right

Sounds like it is coming along pretty well. The engine problem may have been a blessing after all. If it hadn't happened you would probably be running the boat like it was rather than doing this work. Now one project has become many and I can honestly say that I know how you feel. It will all be worth it in the end! Just don't forget to post pictures of the transformation. You know we all love watching projects come along.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered

Im still working on the interior, Have talked to Jessel about the rockers, I sent them in for they wanted to see them and evaluate them. Problem is it is so damn hot here, its hard to work on the boat, the cabin is probably 175 degrees when you climb in there and you cant spend that much time down below before you are ready to pass out so im taking it slow. Cutting all new wood panels and re-wrapping them one at a time and installing them. Redoing all the lighting wiring as well since it has seen better days and has a noticeable amount of corrosion and the lights are all shot so they are all being replaced. Like I said though, its just SO hot down here that you have to work at a VERY slow pace so you dont keel over and pass out. Gallon of water an hour or so is average when im working on it during the day.
I dont expect to see her float for another year or so, Im taking alot of parts off, taking them home (bought a sand blasting cabinet) and cleaning everything up and painting everything bit by bit so this is going to take a while, this is a little bit BIGGER than the baja was and well im putting ALOT of time and effort into it all, I dont want this boat to look half assed in anyway shape or form so maybe next summer she will be ready to hit the water.
Also still working on the 77 Trans am. That engine should be done in a few weeks and thanks to Laz at Mesa, Should be up towards 600 HP with that bad boy!
Woohoo so I have alot of things going on and im just taking my time with it all! Its fun!

Quick Reply: I LOVE this GD boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.