Notices

81mph?

Old 03-15-2002, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 81mph?

Not to start a war here,although I am sure I will.But 81mph out of a 36 step hull is no great deal.
I have owned 2 37 Active Thunders,1 step,1 non step.The non step ran a solid 82 with twin hp500carb motors.The step ran 89 with twin hp500 efi's.
It is my belief that if you are going to compete in todays offshore world you need to step it up a notch.I am sure that the Apache was a great boat in its day But there are just too many boats out performing them now.And Active Thunder is juat a very small piece of the puzzle.
And so you know I have nothing to do with the company at all.I am just a boat head.All of this is just my opinion.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:31 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

The Apache 36 is about 1500lbs heavier than the at, plus it was run at lake x ,smooth water and still fresh. I would rather be in the Apache in rough water anyday!!!
Old 03-15-2002, 11:29 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

It is obvious that you have never been in an Active Thunder.I have been in both the Apache{not the stepped Apache} and the Active Thunder.The Active Thunder is far more boat.The boat flys level and lands soft.After running from Sunshine Key to Key West in 4-6ft waves along with Cigarettes,Fountains and may other boats with them all flying out of the water and me in my Active Thunder flying level and dry,not to mention passing them.The Active Thunder is far superior!!And the cockpit doesnt need to be covered in vinyl to hide all of the stress cracks.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

I have driven one
Old 03-17-2002, 11:50 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Me Too!
Old 03-18-2002, 06:36 AM
Registered

Ike,
Like i had said before,I am sure that in there day Apache was a fine boat.But the technology has changed in the world.You dont need to build a 9500lbs 36 foot boat to handle rough water conditions.There are now stronger materials and better bottom designs available.And for me,after driving many different boats,the Active Thunder did it for me.I just get a kick out of people who cant let go of the past.So they still ride Cigarettes or Fountains,etc.Because that was what used to be cool.Hell I am still stuck on 80's music,Like Journey.But that dosnt make them the best still.So keep riding your Apache,and all of us Active Thunder people will be in the boats passing people like you.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:29 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

I guess all other boats are a piece of **** except for the active. Well I have driven one, I have never been beaten by one,I have looked at the 28ft and the32ft and was not impressed, hell I thought the 28 at last years miami boat show was a 25ft because it looked small. A friend of mine bought a new 28ft and turned it back in because it was a "Massive" piece of ****. I think what has happened is that all of you guys got suckered into buying your overpriced sonic copys that you talk them up so you don't look like an idiot for buying one.Don't believe the hype.
Look at the resale value on the a/t in the mags that are for sale, plus one oso member has had one for sale since the beginning
of oso. Also are you saying that cigarette , fountian, apache and others don't have new bottoms, what makes a new bottom?, when someone changes the design like adding steps doesn't that make a new bottom? it's differrent so it's new right?. Just like active's 37 they added a step now they are the **** and everybody else is junk i don't think so!
Old 03-18-2002, 06:04 PM
Registered

I agree, enough is enough already, go to the A/T area and pat yourselves on the back some more.

If A/T is so great on its own merit, why to you feel the need to try and convince us over and over again?

Dont try to convert me I am happy with my boats of choice, Cigs and Apaches.

Now thats my opinion, we will see how many come back to tell me I am out of line for my thoughts.

A REMINDER: I am currently in the Apache thread, not the A/T thread.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:15 PM
ssherman

I own an active thunder now and I can appreciate each boat for its strong points me personally I would not own a showroom boat I would either have it factory customized as new or convert an old race boat. but that is how i like to boat. I would not hesitate to leave miami in 10 footers in my thunder any more than i would in a 47 apache with triple 1000"s I would probably prefer the thunder only because I cant afford the repairs and maintainence on a 18,000 lb triple engind v but I am sure alot of guys can. I mean we all know a new vette will spank the pants on a 1958 model but I dont think any one on any owners forum would argue with either sitting in their garage.

Quick Reply: 81mph?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.