Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great info thanks!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I sometimes wonder why I respond and do the research to find the right answer and help and people dont even take the time to read...
Old 04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I sometimes wonder why I respond and do the research to find the right answer and help and people dont even take the time to read...
Maybe if you owned an apache we would listen to you.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ike
Maybe if you owned an apache we would listen to you.
just for that I'm gonna hit your brother, lol..I didn't make the rules, but I know you have to have read this thread and seen my quotes from a dude that has forgotten more about setups than we will ever know...yet "someone" who "knows it all" still posts that we are wrong.....See ya at joels this year? how about you doing the bimini run in your 41?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
just for that I'm gonna hit your brother, lol..I didn't make the rules, but I know you have to have read this thread and seen my quotes from a dude that has forgotten more about setups than we will ever know...yet "someone" who "knows it all" still posts that we are wrong.....See ya at joels this year? how about you doing the bimini run in your 41?
I am with you on this prop in or out tried it on my boat rides a lot looser spinning in.

Last edited by 14 apache; 04-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 14 apache
I am with you on this prop in or out tried it on my boat rides a lot looser spinning in.
exactly, it creates bow lift and brings more out of the water. to quote Robert Duvall in days of Thunder, loose is fast, on the verge of out of control...but hey I'm just a guy with a 42 cig, a cousin of you guys 41...and you never know which Apache I may end up with
Old 04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Not to change the subject,but when doe's Jelly Fish open ?

Let's all play nice
Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sacred Ground
Not to change the subject,but when doe's Jelly Fish open ?

Let's all play nice
I'm pretty sure it will be open for memorial kickoff if not before, weather permitting. I still need to get the drives back on the Tiger. The reason I knew about the props is I talked with Tres, very poignantly about the affects of turning them in on the Tiger and what to expect. He gave me some great advice and told me a few things that I would not have expected. Like putting in a spacer for cleaner water, even with a notch. and I'm always nice, just blunt nice
Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
Well, i quess u shold believe Tres then .LOL

For all the rest ,,u better off trying it !!!
Look Scott, I'm sure you want to help, but you have to realize that not everyone does things the same half ass way you do things. As for Tres, he and Brad teach courses in hydro-dynamics in his high speed driving class and is an accredited teacher in how to set up boats as well as his own record of wins on race courses. I have consistently seen you give wrong/bad advice on here and start confrontations and ruin threads. and as for taking advice, Yes, i will listen to the race winner and not the guy that barely can finish a race on setups. if you want to help people try doing the research and posting only abut what you know, not what you think. You do more damage than good. Do yourself a favor and just delete your posts on this thread and really help the people that ask questions.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tres gave us good advise with our 97 big power Gun ,1/2" spacers did the trick for us.
The gun was a few mph faster spinning in as well as loose on the top side,I preferred spinning her out.
Our cat only likes turning in as she is like running on ice above 115 mph turning out,very dangerous night and day difference spinning her in!
It only takes a few hrs or less to swith 6 drives I say try it both ways and see how she feels. Unless someone with your exact same boat, drives ,X dimension and prop has real data to share running both ways..
Good Luck!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.