41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Notices

41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
PS, the new owner loves his Chief, no more drama and it's maintained by the builder.
Miami Shuffle........round 2
Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
98 mph is not 7- 10 mph faster.!
41' with same power will run mid/upper 80s in a "full pleasure" model.. If there's a following sea, 30 mph tail wind, 5 gallons of fuel it might crack 90 mph. Anyone else who tells you different is probably lying.

PS, I bet the Legend runs faster than an Apache and Comanche!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

41' with same power will run mid/upper 80s in a "full pleasure" model.. If there's a following sea, 30 mph tail wind, 5 gallons of fuel it might crack 90 mph. Anyone else who tells you different is probably lying.

PS, I bet the Legend runs faster than an Apache and Comanche!
The only one lying is usually you.

You should get a Legend Tattoo!!!!!!!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-29-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

With 1.4 billion dollars Dmitry Zelenov can go through a lot of powerboat companies and still feel great!!
so it's ok for MM to rip off a Russian because he's rich by taking a lot longer than it was supposed to take to build then not not deliver on his expectations and it's everyone else fault......

It seem's there's a double standard when it comes to your hero MM.....

Miami Shuffle moves to Ft. Myers...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I heard the big Ruskie changed what he wanted alot and that will complicate a build & cause delays! He is certainly on a self inflicted roll through powerboat companies. The "Russian Shuffle' LOL!
Hey, I really think you ought to change your avatar. After all that trademark is owned by McManus! It is hard to understand why you would have it? You certainly don't merit it.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-30-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Maybe .(inserted opinion)

Hey, I really think (inserted opinion)

You certainly don't merit it. (inserted opinion)
Well, you know what they say about a-holes and opinions!

Well I had enough fun for tonight. Have a good evening Ed and don't loose sleep over this stuff....
Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well, you know what they say about a-holes and opinions!

:
Yeah, they do slipshod work because they are cheap. Check to see if your patch job is cracking. LOL!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-29-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Back on topic.... anyone got any more info on the Legend.....
No, but here is a great comment from the Chief thread, the same thead you quoted me from in post #74. What a debacle!

Originally Posted by dhlaw
That was nothing more than Mike funding a bunch of yahoos building and testing a boat..... it was pretty sad when all said and done.
Guess that's why there was only one built! Now there is a real legend!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-30-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered

Interesting debate you guys are having let me tell you the boats are all great it is the boat company owners that seem to always be the issue NOT THE BOAT

Let me first say I love the old Apache’s and would own one in a heartbeat given the right opportunity
I also loved the handling and ride of the Chief “First Mohican (and last)”
But I have to tell you that when we went to sell the Chief and I listed it as being “Built from an modified Apache hull” I got a call from someone who had talked to McManus and Mark told him to tell me that he wanted me to take off the reference to Apache or I was going to be sued. I called Mark Mc Manus directly to see the best way to handle giving a description of the Chief without offending the Apache name and Mark was a first class jerk on the phone. I told him I would reword it to “built from a modified apache style mold” he continued to be a jerk and I got off the phone. It got me thinking, I had called to resolve the issue and all he did was act like a pampas ass.
Later McManus emailed me after finding my ad again on line and still didn’t like the wording and wanted it removed or he would sue! I told him in a return email that if he is offended by the Apache style” reference then Cigarette should sue everyone that refers to an offshore boat as a “Cigarette” and that the hull bottoms of the Apache is actually a Cigarette modified hull and as such that McManus should probably be providing a royalty to Cigarette
I never heard from Mark after that. I know many think he is a great guy but my experience in trying to be diplomatic and still do justice to the owner of the Chief in trying to sell the boat was that Mark McManus was an unprofessional jerk.
This thread is about the Legend and not Apache or Chief but I am here to tell you that most mainstream offshore boats are unique in their own rite but let’s face it they are mostly a derivative of Don A’s design
The bottom of an older Apache is a Cigarette Bottom plain and simple (or some other Don design) and the Legend is a modified Apache hull as well as the Chief was further modified (Steps and a reverse chine) from Apache style bottom (Cigarette bottom)
My point is the poking and bickering means nothing all the boats mentioned in this thread are good boats! As proven more often than not the owners of the boat companies are the Dipsticks (Ie Apache, Marc M and Chief, Scott G) the boats are not the problem
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Mark, thanks for setting the record straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.