41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore >

41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Notices

41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Old 06-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

That was nothing more than a Russian funding a yahoo building and testing a boat..... it was pretty ugly when all said and done.
You're right Ed! You can't stand to see a new boat come into the mix either and have to throw something totally useless into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Apache, ie; the Statement thread....

Originally Posted by daredevil
THE LEGEND LIVES .
The "Legend" will always live, they were and still are great boats so everyone should just go out and "USE" and enjoy them!!!

Last edited by Panther; 06-30-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey BoatMe
He owns the Apache name, and doesn't want it associated with that Chief fiasco! Pretty simple. Sorry it hurt your feelings. You could have avoided That.
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-30-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
You're right Ed! You can't stand to see a new boat come into the mix either and have to throw something totally useless into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Apache, ie; the Statement thread....
:
This thread is in the Apache forum, when in Rome.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
This thread is in the Apache forum, when in Rome.
Ok, I can agree with you on that. Posting about the Legend in the Apache section was asking for trouble. It was probably better suited for the GD section..... Wow, Ed and I actually agree on something!

The Statement thread on the other hand was in GD and your post should be deleted. Mark doesn't want anything associated with the Apache name just as I'd expect Statement doesn't want Apache associated with a brand they are trying to build.

It's as if you have some beef now with Statement. It was a shamless plug with no point other than to draw attention away from an entrepreneurs new company....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...statement.html
Enjoy rough seas.......... Apache Powerboats!
http://www.apachepowerboats.com/
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should probably update to the more modern reverse step bottom! Good thing Legend didn't use that bottom design! There was some advanced naval technology! It did have a very fast reverse! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again you exhibit your glaring ignorance. Having never been on the boat, let alone operated it, I wonder how you come to your conclusions.

You always have and I suspect always will have a myopic view of Mark McManus. Maybe it's some misplaced idol worship- I don't know. But regardless of your best efforts, you'll never elevate him to to the status for which you aspire for him. Only he can do that. And to do it, he's going to have to return to the boat-building business. And then he's going to have to produce some boats beyond the 1970's technology he's been pumping out.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Once again you exhibit your glaring ignorance. Having never been on the boat, let alone operated it, I wonder how you come to your conclusions.

You always have and I suspect always will have a myopic view of Mark McManus. Maybe it's some misplaced idol worship- I don't know. But regardless of your best efforts, you'll never elevate him to to the status for which you aspire for him. Only he can do that. And to do it, he's going to have to return to the boat-building business. And then he's going to have to produce some boats beyond the 1970's technology he's been pumping out.
McManus is the best....that is why Don Aronow placed his confidence in him, and so did Kramer.

And if I want a lesson in know it all ignorance, I'll read your posts on your dying website! LOL!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BoatMe
He owns the Apache name, and doesn't want it associated with that Chief fiasco! Pretty simple. Sorry it hurt your feelings. You could have avoided That.
Ed
Doesn't want to be associated with the Chief Fiasco? Well, O.K. Last I heard the Chief was alive and well in the swells and not a stripped out carcass sitting in a storage lot at Outer Limits.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Doesn't want to be associated with the Chief Fiasco? Well, O.K. Last I heard the Chief was alive and well in the swells and not a stripped out carcass sitting in a storage lot at Outer Limits.
Yeah, Chief has a lot of customers. 1
Old 06-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Ed, it's obvious you hate Bobby and anything else that remotely resembles an Apache and will continue on the tyrades, just as you accuse me of hating Mark.

Ben was one of Bobby's first customers at Apache and that seemed to work out pretty well for McManus being that he owns it now......

We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for all these companies....
Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Ed, it's obvious you hate Bobby and anything else that remotely resembles an Apache and will continue on the tyrades, just as you accuse me of hating Mark.

Ben was one of Bobby's first customers at Apache and that seemed to work out pretty well for McManus being that he owns it now......

We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for all these companies....
I don't hate Bobby, I don't know Bobby. He was the best throttleman I ever saw in a 41 Apache. And many wish they could lay claim to that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.