Notices

302?

Old 01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 302?

Originally Posted by munson
I appreciate the info.
I did look into a 33 and a 36 but there wasn't any that worked out right. I personally dislike the 30 outlaw in general. I've seen many of them. for some reason they seem smaller in the cockpit and the inteior does not inspire me at all. Don't know what it is exaclty but the 30 was never even really in the running. Looks like the 302 with HO's and I'll be happy for a little while anyway.
I'm with you Muson. The 30 has not grown on me yet. I like the look of the 29 over the 30. Besides, the cabin in the 30 seems to have wasted space with no V-berth to speak of. A dedicated head seems to be the space grabber. Not kocking anyone's 30, just my own opinion. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I meant no offense either. I know the 30 outlaw is the "new and improved" and all that. It just doesn't work for me for some reason. I also like the 29 outlaws looks. I guess if I can get a solid 75 out of a 302 I'll be OK. Maybe do whipples next year or something. Think i'd be happy to pay more for an HO 302 than a mag'd 30 without hesitation. I know its out of production for '06 but its just a good "heafty" looking boat IMO.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by imartin
I'm with you Muson. The 30 has not grown on me yet. I like the look of the 29 over the 30. Besides, the cabin in the 30 seems to have wasted space with no V-berth to speak of. A dedicated head seems to be the space grabber. Not kocking anyone's 30, just my own opinion. Thanks.
I don't consider there to be any wasted space - I am 6'1 and if I try sleeping in a the v-berth of a 29, my feet hang off the bed by about 5 inches. With the 30, it is a true 7' bed and you only need to see the bed when you want to make it. Why do you need a bed to exist all the time when you only sleep on it (well maybe a few other things). That seems to be wasted space to me. Opinions do vary though.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered

Why do you need a bed to exist all the time when you only sleep on it (well maybe a few other things)
I think that boils down my entire dilemma. Not having a permanent female fixture, I find myself usually on boats with different lady friends and have noticed that they always seem to react differently to boats, especially when it comes to getting blasted in the face at 70 mph. Some love it and some hate it. I guess that with the window on a 302 I don't have to worry about offending (thus ruining the moment) the potential target for the day. Going fast is certainly fantastic but at least 1/4 of my reason for getting a boat will be for those all important "few other things". Looks like it will just have to be with a short chic...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is why they make so many different models!

Different strokes for different folks.

Buy the one that makes you HAPPY!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baja Marine's 30 Outlaw Earns an ACE (Awards for Composite Excellence) Award for its Composite Stringer/Liner System

BUCYRUS, Ohio (January 12, 2006) - Baja Marine's 30 Outlaw received the People's Choice ACE Award for its innovative stringer/liner system from the American Composite Manufacturers Association (ACMA). The "People's Choice" is one of six categories in the annual ACE competition. ACMA is the world's largest trade group representing the composites industry and presents ACE awards to engineering firms that exhibit products of exceptional merit. The 30 Outlaw was chosen by a popular vote as the favorite product at COMPOSITES 2005 conference and trade show held in Columbus, Ohio.

Baja Marine's joint collaboration with Toray and A&P Technology resulted in a hybrid stringer system with fiberglass braid and selectively located carbon axials. The result is less labor during manufacturing and a lighter boat, which means increased speed and decreased fuel consumption out on the water.

"The 30 Outlaw's stringer/liner system is a leap in design that provides great strength and consistent high quality," said Bill Regan, vice president of operations at Baja Marine. "We are designing structures using tools such as Finite Element Analysis and advanced materials such as carbon fiber that give our customers boats with fantastic speed and handling."

Other 2005 ACE award recipients joining Baja Marine in the winners' circle include Martin Marietta Composites, GE Transportation - Aircraft Engines, Plastics Unlimited, and Windward Performance, LLC.

For more information about the 30 Outlaw and the rest of Baja's full-throttle lineup, please visit www.bajamarine.com.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Munson,

My 2001 302 is for sale if you are interested. It is yellow and black, has about 260+/- hrs on 454 mag mpi's. Bravo 1's with 24pitch 4 blades. Custom cockpit carpet, exteded swim deck ( a must) gaffrig gauges, externa hydolaulic steering,

Nice package, basic boat, runs great and I hate to get rid of her but due to the finances of the other owners we must sell . PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
Munson,

My 2001 302 is for sale if you are interested. It is yellow and black, has about 260+/- hrs on 454 mag mpi's. Bravo 1's with 24pitch 4 blades. Custom cockpit carpet, exteded swim deck ( a must) gaffrig gauges, externa hydolaulic steering,

Nice package, basic boat, runs great and I hate to get rid of her but due to the finances of the other owners we must sell . PM me if you are interested.
How much are you selling it for?