Outlaw 20 owners: dimensions while on trailer >

Outlaw 20 owners: dimensions while on trailer

Notices

Outlaw 20 owners: dimensions while on trailer

Old 08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts
Default Outlaw 20 owners: dimensions while on trailer

I'm in the very early stages of looking for a boat that will fit in my garage... The garage is 25 feet long, with a door opening 9 feet wide by about 7 feet high. The overall width of the garage is probably closer to 13-14 feet. Got a washer/dryer in there too, so that kills about 3 feet of depth, which I don't think will be an issue, since they can be relocated to the rear corners, and not interfere with a boat/trailer...

Anyway, I'm wondering if I can get an Outlaw 20 in there on a trailer -- obviously, there's variation in trailers, but is there any way for me to know if I can cross off a 20' boat from my list?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the boat is almost 23 feet long and add the tongue on the trailer and i will almost bet it will not fit in your garage
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Registered

Folding tongue on the trailer would help, I'm sure... but it would be *really* close if the total length is 23 feet, not much room for error there... might need to re-think the size a little, and cap my size at 18 feet.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 Outlaw

I Just Sold My 2002 20 Outlaw. It Wont Fit In A 25 Foot Shop. I Have A 30 Deep Shop And With The Drive Down I Only Had 2 Feet To Work With. Just Bought A 06 25 Outlaw And Im In The Same Postion As You.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There are a couple solutions, but you have to know what you are up against, literally.

OSO member 'cuda' put a bump out in the back of his garage that he backs the outdrive into. Its about the size of a short refrigerator, that extends into the next room. Done correctly, it could make a nice TV stand.

Also, you have the option of a swing-away tongue which is often under ski/wakeboard boats. It would have to be built stout, and I have never seen one made out of aluminum (see your in FL, so you would want such). However, I am sure it can be done. A neighbor of mine had a special trailer made for his that has very short tongue. He places his 30' Baja Outlaw in the same space as his former 28' Velocity. However, this places your truck all that much closer to the water when launching. In salt water, this is also not exactly desirable.

Pics from Google:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

Old 08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You may want to invest in one of these. Its only slightly smaller than the 20' Baja anyway!

http://www.hotdogpowerboats.com/pictures.asp
Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
You may want to invest in one of these. Its only slightly smaller than the 20' Baja anyway!

http://www.hotdogpowerboats.com/pictures.asp
Haha

Little smaller than I was hoping for, but does look fun nonetheless!

I emailed a guy who was selling a 20' Outlaw on ebay, and he said that the length of the whole rig including outdrive was 24' and a few inches... SO I'm guessing a lot depends on the trailer. Also, how far can the outdrive be turned in to tuck against the transom?

If I truly can't fit the 20 outlaw, then I think my next choice is going to be a Donzi 18 classic -- it doesn't seem that there's that much out there in that size range other than the bowriders, which I don't really want, and the cuddys, which I think will be too tall for the garage when on a trailer.

Anything out there that I'm not considering as an option?