XT Rules >

XT Rules

Notices

XT Rules

Old 03-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XT Rules

Hey guys, My buddy bought a 2005 25OL on ebay. They said it was mint and I'm pretty sure they were on crack. We got it home and it needed a couple of places in the gel fixed and I'm not talking a scatch. I'm talking gouges to the glass. One was through the in gel graphics. He also had a tear in his bench seat. The swim ladder was gone and there were a couple of other little things that needed done. I gave Dave a call at XT-Innovations and he said they could take care of it all. We dropped the boat off and he picked it up 2 weeks later. It looks awesome. They fixed everything, had killer communication, and were very reasonable on price. My point is if you have anything that needs done on your boat don't hesitate to call them. You will not be unhappy. Thanks again XT for everything.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sonic69
Hey guys, My buddy bought a 2005 25OL on ebay. They said it was mint and I'm pretty sure they were on crack. We got it home and it needed a couple of places in the gel fixed and I'm not talking a scatch. I'm talking gouges to the glass. One was through the in gel graphics. He also had a tear in his bench seat. The swim ladder was gone and there were a couple of other little things that needed done. I gave Dave a call at XT-Innovations and he said they could take care of it all. We dropped the boat off and he picked it up 2 weeks later. It looks awesome. They fixed everything, had killer communication, and were very reasonable on price. My point is if you have anything that needs done on your boat don't hesitate to call them. You will not be unhappy. Thanks again XT for everything.
Oh yeah another satisfied customer.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sonic69
Todd,

Are these the little scatches you are talking about? No, really thanks for the kind words.

I think the Bucyrus OH. area may have as many people that know how to paint, and repair gelcoat graphics as the west coast builders? Other than the older Baja dealers, there are not many places that can do this type of repair. Lakeway Boat Repair is one of the best, and I am also very impressed with the gelcoat work comming out of Checkmate Marine. You cannot take work like this to Sea Ray, or Fountain to get it done.

I hope Brooks enjoy's his 25 Outlaw with you this summer. You guys need to bring the Bajas to Lake Erie sometime this summer.

XT
Attached Thumbnails XT Rules-imgp5194.jpg   XT Rules-imgp5197.jpg   XT Rules-side_scratch-wince-.bmp  

XT Rules-keel_scrape-wince-.bmp   XT Rules-before-wince-.bmp  
Old 03-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a 1996 Baja 272 motorlid that we just completed this week. I would rather redo the complete interior, because you will never match the vinyls, even if they are the same vinyl on boat this old. But this customer just wanted his motorlid done.

XT
Attached Images   
Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I think the Bucyrus OH. area may have as many people that know how to paint, and repair gelcoat graphics as the west coast builders?
Just your pay stubs alone in the boat building industry prove that! How many others up there that worked for Baja and Checkmate for years? Once it's in your blood you don't want to do anything else. Or maybe it is you cannot teach an old dog new tricks?

Lakeway Boat Repair is one of the best
Kevin is excellent to work with. Not only is he very tallented but he runs a good business and takes care of business. Very professional in all he does.

I am also very impressed with the gelcoat work comming out of Checkmate Marine.
Amen brother we have not seen anything yet. Some of the R & D on the painted in gel graphics is really sweet. I can hear the gears in Dean's head turning right now!

You cannot take work like this to Sea Ray, or Fountain to get it done.
Great point! It's really too bad especially in this economy that theya re not looking for this type of work. How many folks are making what they have better instead of buying new? Keep the plants open and keep the people working in my opinion.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Here is a 1996 Baja 272 motorlid that we just completed this week. I would rather redo the complete interior, because you will never match the vinyls, even if they are the same vinyl on boat this old. But this customer just wanted his motorlid done.

XT
Man I love that Orange!

We could not have done that without the paint job but I really like it.

Wait till I send you some pictures of the Harley in a week or so with the new paint set Clayton did.

"Oh So Orange" Baby!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice work guys