Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the latest? Congrats if this deal is happening.

Bring the 29 Fountain single back, but upgrade the interior.
Baja? take some weight out of the bow so they can run a little faster.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by socalstone
What's the latest? Congrats if this deal is happening.

Bring the 29 Fountain single back, but upgrade the interior.
Baja? take some weight out of the bow so they can run a little faster.
I agree! Hope it works out well if it is going!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raceday500
XT

I worked at Baja as well back then, Chuck now has his own business painting and working on boats. Havnt spoken to him in some time but sure he is doing great.
That is good to hear about Chuck. We did the same thing after Baja closed here, so if you need any information at all on the Baja product, I have my fair share. Between just us three partners we have 67 years with Baja Boats, & Baja Marine Corp. in the R&D department.

[email protected]

XT
Old 09-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered

Default Upholstery

Did lane start his own business for the upholstery? Does he have a website?

Thanks,
John
Old 09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Default Hustler

Our acquisition of secured bank notes of Fountain Powerboats fell a few hours short to Oxford Investment as we were in meetings with Reggie Fountain at his facility on Thursday. It is our understanding that they will be able to run the bid up at the auction to 20 Million dollars. This number does not work to make this a viable investment from us as additional money will be needed to get employees back on the line, re-stock materials and keep the business up and running over the next two years while the country comes back from its current recession. We feel it is a sad day in the boating industry as our expertise and high standards would have helped enhanced the Fountain and Baja lines.

Our passion for building high quality boats is alive and well and we will continue to build Hustler’s full line of boats to the highest standards. We will be coming out with our new 29’ in our Rockit Series at the Miami Boat show to fill that current void in the market place and would like to thank everyone who wished us well over the last few weeks.

We will be looking at new ventures in our industry in the coming months.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear this fell through. I think a lot of Baja and Fountain people were pulling for you.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by G-Spot
Sorry to hear this fell through. I think a lot of Baja and Fountain people were pulling for you.
Yep - I'll second that.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did lane start his own business for the upholstery? Does he have a website?

Thanks,
John
You got it! Dave, Lane, and Bev. We just designed the new model interiors for Doug Smith @ Checkmate. If you need any design work done on your products, let us know?

www.xt-innovations.com

XT
Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our acquisition of secured bank notes of Fountain Powerboats fell a few hours short to Oxford Investment as we were in meetings with Reggie Fountain at his facility on Thursday. It is our understanding that they will be able to run the bid up at the auction to 20 Million dollars. This number does not work to make this a viable investment from us as additional money will be needed to get employees back on the line, re-stock materials and keep the business up and running over the next two years while the country comes back from its current recession. We feel it is a sad day in the boating industry as our expertise and high standards would have helped enhanced the Fountain and Baja lines.

Our passion for building high quality boats is alive and well and we will continue to build Hustler’s full line of boats to the highest standards. We will be coming out with our new 29’ in our Rockit Series at the Miami Boat show to fill that current void in the market place and would like to thank everyone who wished us well over the last few weeks.

We will be looking at new ventures in our industry in the coming months.
Sad day indeed I'm guessing this is the end of Baja.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

I wish someone would start building real Bajas again(not a Baja by whoever) just a Baja.I'm still a little bitter about the whole thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.