Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never wanted to get involved with all this, but I do have a question. Why isn't Brunswich taking Baja back. If Fountain didn't meet the loan obligation. It goes back, correct? I personnally wish it would have worked out with Fountain and Baja.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BURNSMAZZ
I wish someone would start building real Bajas again(not a Baja by whoever) just a Baja.I'm still a little bitter about the whole thing.
I would like to see someone keep the name alive other than Brunswick or Reggie, someone that actually gives a sh*t about the history of the company. Weather you like BAJA or not, you cant deny the impact on the sport over the years. Ask alot of the guys on the board with Cigarettes where they came from, many of them were BAJA owners first. It needs to come back to Bucyrus, this is where the labor force resides.

I know the perfect place to start a factory!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

Hell Reggie fixed the liner issues with stringers. Be a perfect time for someone to pick it up and hit the ground running.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by irishtornado
Hell Reggie fixed the liner issues with stringers. Be a perfect time for someone to pick it up and hit the ground running.
Like Ive said before, Reggie didnt re-invent the wheel putting stringers back in. We knew what had to be done, was on the path back to stringers, but we had the wrong captain at the wheel too long if you know what I mean. The 405 became the 415 at the end...........with stringers! Outlaws would have followed soon after.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Registered

Well hopefully someone pics up the ball and runs with it. Goes back to what made Baja work. IMO the 315 and the 405 where both bad ideas. Went more towards a Sea Ray look and away from the performance Series look.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wouldnt brunswick have a big say on the sale of baja and fountain,,,anybody working at brunswick,,can fill us in???
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Baja by Sacennti Marine

Any truth to that rumor I just started?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...erboats-4.html

Post #73 by RaceDay500

Our acquisition of secured bank notes of Fountain Powerboats fell a few hours short to Oxford Investment as we were in meetings with Reggie Fountain at his facility on Thursday. It is our understanding that they will be able to run the bid up at the auction to 20 Million dollars. This number does not work to make this a viable investment from us as additional money will be needed to get employees back on the line, re-stock materials and keep the business up and running over the next two years while the country comes back from its current recession. We feel it is a sad day in the boating industry as our expertise and high standards would have helped enhanced the Fountain and Baja lines.

Our passion for building high quality boats is alive and well and we will continue to build Hustler’s full line of boats to the highest standards. We will be coming out with our new 29’ in our Rockit Series at the Miami Boat show to fill that current void in the market place and would like to thank everyone who wished us well over the last few weeks.

We will be looking at new ventures in our industry in the coming months.

Post #84 by TeamShrogren

The Oxford Investment Group owns the note and unless they get outbid at the auction and decide to sell the note (which is highly unlikely) they will then own the company. You most likely will not see any formal announcements until October 9th from them. This is a very well funded investment company with "ALOT" of experience in boat building. They are very smart and have alot of ideas and more importantly they have a business a plan & motto. It will be a different company in some aspects and the changes they want to make will do nothing more than benefit the end user. As a Fountain only dealer for the past six years I will tell you I could not be more excited about what will be coming, VERY EXCITING, Stay tuned but do NOT expect to hear or see much until October 9th.

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.teamshogren.com
Fountain & BAJA By Fountain
847-336-9037
Old 09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered

sorry to hear it isnt going through, but cant wait to see your 29!!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...544#post839544

Reggie Fountain took the time to talk to Performance Boats about the recent events surrounding Fountain Powerboats. He's our conversation.

PERFORMANCE BOATS: There's been some activity lately with Fountain. First, Chapter 11, then the reports that Hustler was interested in acquiring the company, then new reports that Fountain was sold to an investment group. Is that correct?

REGGIE FOUNTAIN: Not yet, no. Nothing’s happened yet. That won’t happen until Oct. 5, and somebody will buy it. Originally it was the bank; now someone else has bought the bank's note. And that note will then be sold on Oct. 5 to the highest bidder, and that person will then own Fountain Powerboats. But it can’t be officially sold until sometime after Oct. 5.

PB: Tell us about what happened with Oxford Securities.

RF: There are several investment groups—maybe as many as a dozen or so—that are looking at that. And so, one of them certainly will be the one that’s already bought the note. And it’s not anybody known in the marine industry: it’s a company called Oxford Securities. And they bought the note. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ll own it after the auction; it just means that they are in a good position to own it if they want, since they own the note now. If somebody wants to bid it up, they could bid it up. It doesn’t cost them a lot to up bid it, because they’ve already bought it. They are pretty well in the driver’s seat to own it, if that’s what they want to do.

PB: What is your outlook for Fountain for the next year or so?

RF: I won’t know exactly how that’s going to go until all this is completely done. I’m not in charge of all the things that are happening. I can’t control them. Not having any control, and not exactly sure how they are going to turn out, I’m really not in any kind of position to make any projection into what might happen until I know how it turns out in October. I'll have a pretty good idea who the owner is then, and I’ll know how I can deal with it from that point forward.

PB: Are any boats being produced right now?

RF: Yes, we are still building boats right now. A few. Not many people are building many right now. We actually built quite a few boats over the summer...not many compared to what we used to way back, you know, 15 years ago when things were going good. We’re building 25 to 30 percent of what we built. But you know, we were building more than anybody else in the high performance sports boat market except Baja—and now we got Baja too. Needless to say, sales on all that stuff have gone down dramatically.

PB: Do you think Fountain will make its usual standout appearance at the upcoming Miami Boat Show?

RF: I would think so. I think Fountain would be there, sure. Depending on whoever owns it and however they decide to run it, I’d be surprised if they didn’t show up at the boat show.

PB: What about you personally? What will be your role at Fountain in the years ahead?

RF: Well, I’m in the process now of getting with the people that are investing in the company to see how it will turn out between me and them. It’s mostly from their point of view; their call as to whether they still need to have me helping them. If they do, it’s up to me to decide if I want to do that. Neither one of us has made our minds up except to say I’ve had an awful lot of opportunities dangling out there, at this time, in the event I wasn’t doing what I’m doing right now.

PB: Imagine your life as a free agent. Are you still building boats? Are you racing full time?

RF: Probably consulting with people how to build good boats that go fast. I’m pretty well noted for that, I guess. And I’ve got 315 apartments, a shopping center, a grocery store that will keep me from starving and having to go on the welfare lines. (Laughter) So I think I’ll get along all right on that. So, probably in the boat business, I'll probably be a consultant or something if I weren't working for this company. As Yogi Berra used to say, “It ain’t over 'til it’s over." I gotta just wait and see how it turns out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.