Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Check This Out >

Check This Out

Notices

Check This Out

Old 02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 3,022 Likes on 989 Posts

Do you have a date set for the first tangible boat?

I didn't follow all the "Fraction" drama but I understand pessimism by some in this current market.

Good luck with the new project.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolution
Thanks Doc,
I could not have said it better myself. So it looks like we will be using XT innovation for our interior and we will probably be receiving some form of help from Checkmate.

Evolution Performance Boats
As I told Chris, I can also help with contacting many of the vendors that we used at Baja Marine. Here is a little "work in progress" we have going at Checkmate now. It is a interior for a one time staggered engine Pantera.
Attached Thumbnails Check This Out-getattachment.jpg   Check This Out-rear_seat.jpg  
Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would Like to thank everyone for there support so far on this forum. While working at Baja in bucyrus, i made many friends and contacts and they have been some of the best support over the past few years that i have found anywhere. Our crew was such a close group of employee's with tons of pride in there work. Dock thanks for the wonderful comments earlier, and if you are at Miami or in NC anytime soon give us a ring we would love to sit and chat with you.

Thanks Again all,
Chris
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Registered

Do you have one complete boat done to be viewed at Miami. Or is everything still on the drawing board.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

Default To clear a few things up.

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
maybe you didnt learn marketing? using someone else's boat is not smart and being impatient and jumping the gun with it will only shy customers away.....smells like "the new apache" thad was trying to do in 2003
1st On the dead rise issue. Measuring on a transverse plane, say at the transom, a hull with a pad has (one dead rise) from the keel to the pad edge, from the pad edge to the main strake is (another dead rise), from the strake to the chine is (another dead rise), so to average is 19.5 along that location. Prior art might have a published 22 degree dead rise, this could be for a non-pad boat. We have designed and dealt with most all of the sport boat manufactures, and many have a constant dead rise to approx. mid ship's, maybe this is not the best, we won't say who, that would not be appropriate.

2nd As for the pictures, we used some pictures from some of the best designs and builder's to show what we have in mind for the basic styling. If we all are honest,, doesn't all the sport boats look alike, in general? The attention to detail, performance and service is most important in this industry. Where did the first deep vee come from? We believe if you where to quiz allot of the existing builders about where did they get there idea's from, we are sure the idea's would be from the best in the industry. Remember the hull is a completely fresh evolution of 40+ years of racing and designs for some of the best builders in the world.

3rd On the factory. If you all where to ask some of the best,(Peter at Skater), did he start out where he is today, even Reggie started with dreams and passion to establish the bar to meet or beat. Without dreams and passion, where would innovation be, where would improvements come from. During this time in our market, maybe some fresh and good positive comments might spark some interest.

There is more to say, but we don't want to take up to much of your time.

Thank you for your interest and comments,
costaricaboats
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
Do you have one complete boat done to be viewed at Miami. Or is everything still on the drawing board.
X2

Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2

No there is not a boat at this time.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stainless
Looks like they took the pictures of the skater off their website. Nice!
Good luck with the new boat guys!
This pic is gone

Last edited by PURPLE HORNET; 02-10-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered

X2

WISHFULL THINKING there not even listed as a vender at the show This **** tics me off especially when everyone falls for this BS.I have to tell it like I see it . No.1 I love when they tell you how fast there boat is before they biuld one .

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 02-10-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Registered

This pic is gone

You can still veiw that boat at Lake Cumberlin marine under Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.