29 OL Fairing/Windscreen >

29 OL Fairing/Windscreen

Notices

29 OL Fairing/Windscreen

Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Well if it cheers you up $1,400.00 is probably the down payment for one now?

My 2000 29ol came with the clear windscreen stock, and I purchased a lightly smoked colored one from a Doug Smith edition leftover stock item. I sold the boat after putting the clear one back on, and the smoked one sits in my basement. Hey, I am richer than I thought?

XT
Not sure if that makes me feel better but I will be even more paranoid about something happening to mine....
Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by boogy886
Supply and demand is a helluva thing...
Yes, It is a "helluva thing".... but you know the old saying...pigs get fed...hogs get slaughtered.... JMO. If we (one of us, me whoever) were smarter we would take the fairings off our boats and bring them to someone to make a mold out of....and go into the aftermarket business of selling them...."then" you can make more money by selling at a fair price rather then sticking it to somone on a one off. JMO.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Yes, It is a "helluva thing".... but you know the old saying...pigs get fed...hogs get slaughtered.... JMO. If we (one of us, me whoever) were smarter we would take the fairings off our boats and bring them to someone to make a mold out of....and go into the aftermarket business of selling them...."then" you can make more money by selling at a fair price rather then sticking it to somone on a one off. JMO.
I offered up mine a couple times to members to do this. I'm open to the idea. I know where we can find a couple windscreens for various boats and have a place that will make them. The problem is the front cost for the mold. Hit me up if this is something you'd be interested in.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
haha I highlighted the key words there...us dumb powerboaters just love spending money! Seriously though that's a great idea, I think it should be researched further, then if one person with every model, got theirs molded we would have created our own aftermarket for it...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
I offered up mine a couple times to members to do this. I'm open to the idea. I know where we can find a couple windscreens for various boats and have a place that will make them. The problem is the front cost for the mold. Hit me up if this is something you'd be interested in.
What's the front cost? Wouldn't a vaccuform mold be sufficient?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

I like where this is going.... Depending on the cost(s) I am open to the idea. Unfortunately my pockets have gotten a little more shallow as of late with the purchase of the boat and another venture I am involved in.... But depending on cost I think it is a heck of an idea....

And you are correct.....us powerboaters will spend money on anything....who ever thought of paying to put neon lights in a boat...or under water for that fact...now everyone is doing it....freaking $15-20 bucks for cupholders..."A" cupholder...yeah, we all have issues...but I like it!

**Although the news I just heard on some cost figures...and puts it out of this poor mans hands for now.....

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 04-27-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Found more info.....
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

you guys got me worried now. How do they break people stepping on them when climbing up to get on the bow? Rough waters?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaboatnut
you guys got me worried now. How do they break people stepping on them when climbing up to get on the bow? Rough waters?
A drunk azzhat tried to run from the sunpad to the front deck on the side of the cockpit, slipped, and on the way into the water grabbed the windscreen. I had owned the boat about 1 month at the time. Oh yeah, I had told the little schit to slow down on the drinking about 3 times already. Its ok though, he said he'd pay for it. Of course in 3 years he's only given me $50 but I'm sure its coming. Saw the POS a few weeks ago, he turned around and hauled azz the other way. Gets me pissed just thinking about it.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
I have done zero research on this but would be willing to invest. I would even offer up mine for a 25 OL to create a mold. Need some more details though
Old 04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Yea Irish needs to get back with us on this, I wonder if they'd offer us a discount if they did a bunch of molds at the same time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.