33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP? >

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Notices

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
His has a mild hop with the 4 blades and a significant hop with 5 blades. Any combination of tab or drive adjustments to eliminate the hop slows it down. But the hop is also slowing it down. Frustrating.
Check the bottom for a rocker or hook...As I've found with mine it does matter.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
This is the running attitude that you want to try to
achieve
He cannot get close to that with the current setup. That is how the non-box 33's looked on the lake over Memorial Day.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any new updates? Did you ever find the right prop? I happen to be one of the 33's out on Monday last year.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by slorider
Any new updates? Did you ever find the right prop? I happen to be one of the 33's out on Monday last year.
He got a new set of labbed 30" Bravo I 4-blades with the infamous "Baja cup" and ran 82 a couple weeks ago. Motors need to be put on the laptop again and tweaked as it runs way too rich. The new props have picked the nose up a bit but it still runs way too flat IMO. Hopefully it will pick up a bit more speed once Brad Smith gets the motors tuned properly.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 598 Likes on 275 Posts

Hopefully it will pick up a bit more speed once BRAD SMITH gets the motors tuned properly.[/QUOTE]

Excellent choice!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Hopefully it will pick up a bit more speed once BRAD SMITH gets the motors tuned properly.
Excellent choice![/QUOTE]Brad built the motors last spring. They only got a short tuning session on Grand Lake last year (on top of the dyno tuning) before the boat returned to Illinois. Brad told the owner at the time he would like to adjust some things after the boat got a few hours on it and the plan was for him to come to Illinois last summer and do final tweaks. I think after the Joplin tornado the owner was hesitant to bother Brad. I think the plan this year is for the owner and Brad to meet up in LOTO for a final tune. I still think the setup with the boxes may not be quite right from the factory.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Excellent choice!
Brad built the motors last spring. They only got a short tuning session on Grand Lake last year (on top of the dyno tuning) before the boat returned to Illinois. Brad told the owner at the time he would like to adjust some things after the boat got a few hours on it and the plan was for him to come to Illinois last summer and do final tweaks. I think after the Joplin tornado the owner was hesitant to bother Brad. I think the plan this year is for the owner and Brad to meet up in LOTO for a final tune. I still think the setup with the boxes may not be quite right from the factory.[/QUOTE]

As long as the prop shaft is around 4 inches +/- .25 inch it is fine. But I can guarantee he needs labbed props from Brett. At that prop height the cup makes all the difference in the world. My boat wouldnt hit 80 with stock bravo 1's and 600 HP and now the hull airs out gets loose and runs over 85 and feels ten times better.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Brad built the motors last spring. They only got a short tuning session on Grand Lake last year (on top of the dyno tuning) before the boat returned to Illinois. Brad told the owner at the time he would like to adjust some things after the boat got a few hours on it and the plan was for him to come to Illinois last summer and do final tweaks. I think after the Joplin tornado the owner was hesitant to bother Brad. I think the plan this year is for the owner and Brad to meet up in LOTO for a final tune. I still think the setup with the boxes may not be quite right from the factory.
Yes, he has BBlades labbed 30's with the extra cup.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

What are his speed numbers lately? Running correctly?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

I believe he hit a best of 82 with the new props. Runs much less flat now but I believe it should still carry the bow a bit higher. He is supposed to hook up with Brad Smith this spring for some tuning as it runs way too rich IMO. Headers have no O2 bungs so I'm guessing Brad loaded up a rich tune for the break-in and now has a leaner tune he loads up after the motors gets some hours on them.