33OL w/ 496HO's

Notices

33OL w/ 496HO's

Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Teo
I think the 30 has a better cabin. Thats one of the reasons I´m looking for a 35. Stringer outlaws may be great boats but I dont like the interior. 2 useless couches you cant sleep in and they cant be transformed into a bed. The small space in the front is also a bit to small to sleep in.

Other than that I think the 33 i more bang for the buck.
If you dont like the couches, you'd hate the netting seat arrangement mine has.

It does have a bigger bed ( than the std cuddy) though...and it's quite suitable for sleeping, or passing out, whichever comes first
Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
...and it's quite suitable for sleeping, or passing out, whichever comes first
LMAO !!!

Jay, I'm curious what speed can you cruise at w?575's, and where's the topend???
I'm guessing 60 and 90.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

J T's boat is sweeet! Mine is similar. I Run a slower prop then him and I think I have more ponies under the hatch (even though I believe his 575's are not stock?)

Easily cruise at 60 and run mid 90's, fully loaded, full of fuel, 6 people, etc. Still searching for a drive to hold up to some aggressive prop testing to break over the 100mph mark!

This thread helps to keep me motivated in my build!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Still searching for a drive to hold up to some aggressive prop testing to break over the 100mph mark!
#6's ?? Or B-Max Poker Run Edition??
Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
#6's ?? Or B-Max Poker Run Edition??
Boat has stellings boxes and broken Extreme Advantage IMCO SC's

#6 will not fit unless using a NXT Transom assembly (which houses the transmission in the stand off box)....need to move the engines forward aprox 1". Cut larger hole, and fill the lower part of the bravo hole in. Very expensive, to much work.

BMAX upper is strong, the lower uses XR gears, so not enough advantage over the SC IMO, (besides better customer service)

Arneson Bravo conversion is my favorite so far....

X-Power is sweet but to much money

The new SCX-4 might be an option, waiting to see how they work out, been waiting and waiting or would have already bought one of the other options!!!

Might just give up my research and install standard upper and lower SCX drives. Strong but slower then the other options...........
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
If you dont like the couches, you'd hate the netting seat arrangement mine has.

It does have a bigger bed ( than the std cuddy) though...and it's quite suitable for sleeping, or passing out, whichever comes first
Haha
Actually, if there is some sort of sleep worthy bed I´d love to have that netting seats.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
LMAO !!!

Jay, I'm curious what speed can you cruise at w?575's, and where's the topend???
I'm guessing 60 and 90.

See ya,
Kelly
Cruise: 55 mph @ 3500 rpm ( high drive heights dont always
lead to efficient cruise speeds) top end: 88-92 on average.

Originally Posted by Teo
Haha
Actually, if there is some sort of sleep worthy bed I´d love to have that netting seats.
Adding a 1" piece of egg crate foam padding under the the V berth padding makes a world of difference.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRET
They're right, the 33 is the best hull Baja made. I had a 33 w 500efi's and it ran 78. I traded it on a 36OL and I wished that I didn't.
The 33 hull rode better, better balance and felt quicker to respond.
Also, I could never seem to balance the 36 side to side. I was always adjusting the tabs so that it would ride level side to side. Also the 33 came up on plane alot quicker.
That is exactly what I hated about the 36 hull. The 36 has a much more rockered hull design and you really need the nose in the air to make them run fast. That is why the netting cuddy worked better in the 36ol than the 33! If I had to choose my favorite it would be between the 33 and 35 Outlaw. The prototype 35 with HO's would run 74-75 all day long. Now if someone was to add the 35 notched transom to a 33 hull, now we are talking! I think that alone would add 2-3 mph easy. Just my opinion.

XT
Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
That is exactly what I hated about the 36 hull. The 36 has a much more rockered hull design and you really need the nose in the air to make them run fast. That is why the netting cuddy worked better in the 36ol than the 33! If I had to choose my favorite it would be between the 33 and 35 Outlaw. The prototype 35 with HO's would run 74-75 all day long. Now if someone was to add the 35 notched transom to a 33 hull, now we are talking! I think that alone would add 2-3 mph easy. Just my opinion.

XT
Why did you have to bring that up for everyone to see! That was a secret idea I was thinking of doing to my boat, and having you help!!!!

Great minds must think a like!!!

Now if only you could help me pick out drives.....
Old 02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Pics of the "Team Baja" poker run style cabin in my boat....JayTee's prob is similar.

The cushions even have their own carrying case so you can remove them and gain another .000002 mph!

Personally I really like the cabin. The V-Birth is larger like JT said. Lots of storage. The Simpson netting seats are actually comfortable. I believe there are additional bulkheads also?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.