Notices

Anyone Know this 1999 252 - Fair Price?

Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
Does anyone know this 252?

Also is it a fair price?

I'm getting pretty serious for this summer, looking for a 22-26 foot Baja, or P22 since thats closer to my heart.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/bod/2842980432.html
If your considering spending that money I'd go offer that on this boat. Better motor package and ALOT better boat. Not as good as a HO boat, but for the money your not breaking the bank either.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o43464-en.html
Old 02-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many thanks for the input so far. A little more background:

90% or better will be on lake St. Clair. Might make a couple runs toward Port Huron or down river, and might do a couple trips up north (Lexington and such, but those would be scheduled around weather).

I've always been skeptical about Outlaws because of the swim platform - for hanging out the alum platform just dosn't do it.

I don't plan to do anything with the motor other than matintaince. 60 MPH is good for me, I'm steering to a Baja or Pachanga for the deadrise, I know they ride better and have a fondness in my heart from my time in Bucyrus.

I definitly am very skeptical of the rot issure. I would prefer a liner boat, but my price range is also limited to about $20K
Old 02-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andrew,

I think your on the right track looking at the 252's IMO. The 22 P is a heavy Sea Ray, but the deadrise is only like 22 deg. compared to 24 on the Baja. The 7.4 MPI is a great turn key motor, but I would hold out for a 454 Mag MPI if it was me in a 252. Don't be afraid to offer much less than asking prices, they just might take it!

XT
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja outlaw 25

i have a 1999 outlaw25 with a new 502 crate eng 450 hp 2007 trailer in great cond 23500 . for pics. powerboatlistings.com
Old 02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know this 252?

Also is it a fair price?

I'm getting pretty serious for this summer, looking for a 22-26 foot Baja, or P22 since thats closer to my heart.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/bod/2842980432.html
FWIW....I think the price may be a bit too high. Last summer, I sold my 98 Baja 252 (454 MAG) with fewer hours for 17,800. I would keep looking or negotiate a lower price.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, my boat has no rot issues, or stringer issues.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Registered

Many thanks for the input so far. A little more background:

90% or better will be on lake St. Clair. Might make a couple runs toward Port Huron or down river, and might do a couple trips up north (Lexington and such, but those would be scheduled around weather).

I've always been skeptical about Outlaws because of the swim platform - for hanging out the alum platform just dosn't do it.

I don't plan to do anything with the motor other than matintaince. 60 MPH is good for me, I'm steering to a Baja or Pachanga for the deadrise, I know they ride better and have a fondness in my heart from my time in Bucyrus.

I definitly am very skeptical of the rot issure. I would prefer a liner boat, but my price range is also limited to about $20K
As XT said the 22P will ride extremely rough. I looked at 2 before buying my 272 in 04 I'm glad I went with Baja FWIW if you look hard enough you'll find what your looking for. Don't be afraid to leave the state for a good buy. I've bought both my Baja's out of state.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks again

Thanks again for the opinions and info.

I'm definitly up for looking outside Michigan to find the right boat.

Any opinions on the 232 vs. 252? I'm not sure we really need the extra room in the cuddy.

XT - what were the design differences, I thought the cockpits were exactly the same, just differences in the cuddy and aft?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

Any opinions on the 232 vs. 252? I'm not sure we really need the extra room in the cuddy.

XT - what were the design differences, I thought the cockpits were exactly the same, just differences in the cuddy and aft?
Your also talking 2' of boat. Huge difference.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After we created a shorter hull design from the 272 tooling I had them make a fiberglass section of a 272 cockpit and we inserted it into a 252 hull part to create the 252 deck plug. The vents were moved from the rear center to the sides and the length was taken from the forward deck area only. Different windshield, one hatch, and shorter swim platform were the main diff. The cockpit carpet pattern fits the same in both the 252 and 272. The 232 was designed from scratch and is also a great little boat, but with 23 deg. deadrise.

The 252 measures 25' 6" overall but the hull swim overhang is much shorter than the 272 swim. There is less difference in the running surface between both models than you think. Maybe just over one foot less.

XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.