Anyone Know this 1999 252 - Fair Price? >

Anyone Know this 1999 252 - Fair Price?

Notices

Anyone Know this 1999 252 - Fair Price?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Offer to Offend?

Thanks again for all of the help, would an offer of $17,000 be offensive?

Also XT were there any notorious problems with the 252?
I haven't gone to look at it yet, but not sure if there might be any specific areas to look for?

How would this boat be for pulling a wakeboard/skier? Enough ooomph to get on plane quickly?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski

I haven't gone to look at it yet, but not sure if there might be any specific areas to look for?

How would this boat be for pulling a wakeboard/skier? Enough ooomph to get on plane quickly?
No offer should be offensive in today's market. Even more so that many do not qualify for financing. Ask anyone selling a boat today how many times they "thought" it was sold.

You are looking for the guy that is selling one of these, doesn't have a loan, and is paying someone for the upkeep and storage, quick math will tell him to cut his losses

Just blitz the boattrader, boats.com and iboat.com web sites and make low ball offers on anything you like....I do it all the time lol
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 1997 252 2 years ago, with a newly replaced 360HP LXi 454, with about 20 hours on it. The boat is the Boss package with the windscreen. I paid 20K for it in Texas if that gives you a reference. I did have to replace the wood in the floor right in front of the nack bench, it had gotten soft because that's where everyone stpes down from the sunpad when boarding. I also had to replace my transom, but that was due to a leak inside my outdrive, not anything inherently (sp?) bad with the design. I have since upgraded to a fresh 502 mag, and it really woke that boat up. It wasn't a slug to begin with, but it did make quite a difference. As far as the planing times, I could ski behind mine with the 454 in it, it takes about 4-5 seconds to get on plane with the tabs down.

On a late 90s 252 with a windshield and the 310-330hp 454, I would offer 17-18'ish and see if they bite. all someone can do is say no. If anyone gets offended, then they have no idea how negotiating works.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

I can tell you i would not take that. but i dont have Root, or does my boat need a transom.. let alone anything else.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
I can tell you i would not take that. but i dont have Root, or does my boat need a transom.. let alone anything else.
I completely agree on yours, especially since it's a couple of years newer than mine, without the issues mine had. I got a good price because the seller was needing to get out from under is ASAP, and I did some of the work myself, so no labor costs other than beer ( although that particular cost got rather prohibitive as the work went on).... After all the work I've done, I don't think I would take less than 25K for mine as it sits now. I've got it pretty bulletproof now.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Yea that sounds about right. I have mine priced so i have a little room, I know i like to offer less when buying. but there is a line i will not sell at, and its alot closer to my number then 17! haha.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Registered

Default Sounds about right

So judging on the two boats referenced above my offer sounds about right.

Two boats, both with upgraded engine packages, and additional options including the Boss package are ~25K.

Less engine w/ more hours ~ 3-5K, fewer options ~ 3K,

Asking 25K - 6/8K = 17K.

Sounds like I'll be heading off to take a look.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

good luck man you can allways try.

If you want a clean one holler but dont holler with 17k haha.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I've always been skeptical about Outlaws because of the swim platform - for hanging out the alum platform just dosn't do it.
We had more people slip on our 232's platform than our alum platform. When tied up w others the platforms do not always align, plus then the bajas curved in making crossing even more difficult. The alum's are also deeper so they are easier to board & i think more comfortable to sit or even lay on.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Registered

Default Swim Plat

Hmmmm - Interesting feedback on the Swim Platform. Never thought of those points.

It always seemed like the Alum would be harder on feet and you're not really able to set stuff on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.