Need some help... First boat! >

Need some help... First boat!

Notices

Need some help... First boat!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help... First boat!

ok, i'm ready to buy my first baja (and first boat). I am trying to decide between at 275 Boss and a 29 outlaw! I will be boating with my wife and 2 kids, so the bigger boat is more attractive. Any suggestions on single vs twin power for my first boat??
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by w-fever
ok, i'm ready to buy my first baja (and first boat). I am trying to decide between at 275 Boss and a 29 outlaw! I will be boating with my wife and 2 kids, so the bigger boat is more attractive. Any suggestions on single vs twin power for my first boat??
baja did make some 29,s with single engines,,most where twins,,where will u be boating at???
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

when i carry precious cargo i really like having two engines. its made the difference a few times, lets face it break downs happen. also there is no comparison when manuvering around the docks. you can do soooooo much more with twins.
down side is twice the upkeep, twice the mods when you make them. and twins make twice the noise, that goes either way ie good or bad. bottom line is ive had bolth and ill always have twins... good luck...
Old 03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by roughwater
when i carry precious cargo i really like having two engines. its made the difference a few times, lets face it break downs happen. also there is no comparison when manuvering around the docks. you can do soooooo much more with twins.
down side is twice the upkeep, twice the mods when you make them. and twins make twice the noise, that goes either way ie good or bad. bottom line is ive had bolth and ill always have twins... good luck...
Agreed.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by roughwater
I agree with this as well.. as for my feelings about the two boats, I'll pick the 29 everytime. I own a 29 outlaw and my best friend owns a 272 boss, so I have driven both. The outlaw as a bigger usable cabin, faster and rides much better than the 272. Do not get me wrong, I do like the 272, it has about the same cockpit space as mine, sunpad is nice, easy to drive etc. Where it is better is fuel economy and its very easy for me to work on his engine without removing the rear seat. I remove my rear seat everytime I do anything to mine and its still very tight! As the others said, having two engines has gotten me home a few times and I will never own a single engine boat.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered

If you like the windshiled of the 272 look at the 302.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered

ok, thats what my thought was. does the windshield on the performance provide alot more wind protection than the outlaw...
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by w-fever
ok, thats what my thought was. does the windshield on the performance provide alot more wind protection than the outlaw...
Well....yes it does if you sit down and look thru it. I never noticed very much difference between the two boats because I stand and drive, so I am always looking over his windshield. I really never liked the look of the full windshield.....but that's just me! I will say this, if you get caught in the rain, its nice to duck down behind the windshield and drive the 272....in my OL, you just gotta stand there and take it.....
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

where do you boat ?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

and dont forget,,,, the 29 outlaw is actually over 3 feet bigger then the 275 because of including platform in the 27, but not in the 29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.