Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
1988 baja force 265 owners or opinions >

1988 baja force 265 owners or opinions

Notices

1988 baja force 265 owners or opinions

Old 05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ittledoo I'd love to see some pics of your boat especially with the railing gone and the new dash and gauges. Also how much did it cost to redo your dash and how hard was it thanks a lot.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a little shorter then yours, but maybe it will help with how it looks with out the railing. Pay no attention to the wrap as I bought the boat in tampa with the wrap and haven't addressed that yet through out the whole build. I'm not even a football fan...LOL

Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

cp5899 thanks for the picture it does help to see one without the railing looks good id like to see it without the wrap as well as any other pics. Looks like the windshield is tinted too and it looks good.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Registered

I don't have any with out the wrap (yet), but we did take the glass out and put limo black tint it on. I think it helped the looks.

I'll find some other pictures.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
I don't have any with out the wrap (yet), but we did take the glass out and put limo black tint it on. I think it helped the looks.

I'll find some other pictures.
CP, what was involved in removing the glass for the tint? I want to take my windshield apart and replace the weather stripping, and maybe strip all of the black finsih off the frame and have it powercoated silver. Looks like a big job, though, especially on the driver's side where the instrument panel gets in the way.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Nightlife, has your boat been painted, or did you go over the hull with a plain white wrap or vinyl? Been planning to do something to update mine a little bit. How did you make your fairing? Looks nice!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

I wanted to take my whole frame off to have it powder coated as well, but it appeared that the lower frame was bolted down and it appeared to have some kind of fastener on the ceiling of the cabin. I bought my boat from an interior shop so it had all new interior including a head liner. I didn't want to pull it all down as it was all freshly glued. But to pull the glass you have to take the screws that hold the top frame rail out and then the glass should slide out. It was a bit of a pain putting it back together, but well worth it I though after it was done.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
Nightlife, has your boat been painted, or did you go over the hull with a plain white wrap or vinyl? Been planning to do something to update mine a little bit. How did you make your fairing? Looks nice!
Boat was painted. The fairing is actually the original windshield and that was painted as well. I never sit when driving, so I did not care if I could see thru the windsheild.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cp5899
I wanted to take my whole frame off to have it powder coated as well, but it appeared that the lower frame was bolted down and it appeared to have some kind of fastener on the ceiling of the cabin. I bought my boat from an interior shop so it had all new interior including a head liner. I didn't want to pull it all down as it was all freshly glued. But to pull the glass you have to take the screws that hold the top frame rail out and then the glass should slide out. It was a bit of a pain putting it back together, but well worth it I though after it was done.
Did you have to replace any of the weatherstrip? I am trying to find a source for some of that, along with the black plastic strips that hide the wiring for the running lights. I think Taylor Made manufactured the windshields for Baja back in the day.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

I'm not going to lie. My weather stripping has seen better days, but I was able to reuse as I didn't know where to find anything new for it. I was also able to save the plastic strips that covered the wiring, but I did remove the wiring and added an a removable anchor light adapter towards the back of the boat, because I didn't like the light on the windshield.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.