Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Repower my H2X with procharged 509 >

Repower my H2X with procharged 509

Notices

Repower my H2X with procharged 509

Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More bad news. I just found out we can’t Dyno tomorrow. The dyno is in use and my engine can’t be tuned properly without it. This chit is getting old! Now I have to wait till Monday before we can hopefully go use the Dyno. This really sux not having my boat during the first half of summer. I really regret pulling my old engine out and starting this project. It has been exactly 13 weeks and counting since I dropped everything off with Young Perf. This is really ridiculous!!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Registered

Default i feel your pain

Originally Posted by quick69
More bad news. I just found out we can’t Dyno tomorrow. The dyno is in use and my engine can’t be tuned properly without it. This chit is getting old! Now I have to wait till Monday before we can hopefully go use the Dyno. This really sux not having my boat during the first half of summer. I really regret pulling my old engine out and starting this project. It has been exactly 13 weeks and counting since I dropped everything off with Young Perf. This is really ridiculous!!
I know how you feel, I just got my boat back from the marina sat and i dropped it off in the end of april. Sun i lost my starter and the engine is vibrating and my trim indicators are not working. And my new hydraulic steering is working weird. Imco thinks i may have air in my line. My mechainc put transmission fluid in my power steering unit and hydraulic steering. Imco told me 6 years ago mercury marine said that is not a good idea anymore because it screws up the seal. It has been at the shop all week and he is just getting to it now. I havn't even put a coat of wax on it. I go on vacation july 1 hoping to use the boat all week. I may not even get it back while I am on vacation. So I have the same pain you do. At this rate, i was think of just winterizing it and start all over next year
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
I know how you feel, I just got my boat back from the marina sat and i dropped it off in the end of april. Sun i lost my starter and the engine is vibrating and my trim indicators are not working. And my new hydraulic steering is working weird. Imco thinks i may have air in my line. My mechainc put transmission fluid in my power steering unit and hydraulic steering. Imco told me 6 years ago mercury marine said that is not a good idea anymore because it screws up the seal. It has been at the shop all week and he is just getting to it now. I havn't even put a coat of wax on it. I go on vacation july 1 hoping to use the boat all week. I may not even get it back while I am on vacation. So I have the same pain you do. At this rate, i was think of just winterizing it and start all over next year
I have ran transmission fluid (universal dexron 3) in my boats power steering (imco twin ram full to helm) for years, hurts no seals and works just fine, you have other problems , hope things come together for you and your season is salvaged, I am also going on vacation starting tommorrow and just fired my boat motor in driveway to set the timing ( after having it out to rebuild/refresh this year) before coming to work tonight, I really wanted to get a shakedown run before leaving town but it never happened as I ran out of time. This vacation isn't focused around the boat but I am taking it with me and hope to use it! Smitty
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
I have ran transmission fluid (universal dexron 3) in my boats power steering (imco twin ram full to helm) for years, hurts no seals and works just fine, you have other problems , hope things come together for you and your season is salvaged, I am also going on vacation starting tommorrow and just fired my boat motor in driveway to set the timing ( after having it out to rebuild/refresh this year) before coming to work tonight, I really wanted to get a shakedown run before leaving town but it never happened as I ran out of time. This vacation isn't focused around the boat but I am taking it with me and hope to use it! Smitty
After fixing the starter. My mechanic said he thinks i have a blown head gasket. So he is taking apart the engine now. I hope it is only that. Since he is doing that. I order a new manual for the procharger and told him to check the oil and fluids in the procharger and to change them. Also to get the sterring right. He told me nothing is wrong with the sterring. Slow speeds like idel and docking speeds, it is really tough to steer. And when i turn one way all the way it seems , hard to explain but (the wheel stops turning and then lets loose and turns more, and the response time to the turning and the play in the steering is terrible. Also I talked to imco and they said 1st see if there is air in the line. I told my mechanic to put what imco recommends for steering so it don't void the warranty. So if the steering ****s the bed under warranty, they can't blame it on the fluid. When my mechanic put the lines in he forgot to crimp one end and it blew the fitting off, he said he doesn't think it got air in the line but i think he is wrong. I paid 3700 for this unit and tilt,it better be smooth , the only thing i thought imco said was that my turning radius would shorten a bit, but , should have good precise steering at low and highspeeds,

How is you steering at low speeds like (docking), and middle speeds, and high speeds. How does the steering re-act
for you?

also I hope toi hjave the boat back this weekend to put wax on it and use it for the weekend of july 15 . i pray he has everything done for the weekend

Please let me know about your steering and how is acts
Old 07-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
After fixing the starter. My mechanic said he thinks i have a blown head gasket. So he is taking apart the engine now. I hope it is only that. Since he is doing that. I order a new manual for the procharger and told him to check the oil and fluids in the procharger and to change them. Also to get the sterring right. He told me nothing is wrong with the sterring. Slow speeds like idel and docking speeds, it is really tough to steer. And when i turn one way all the way it seems , hard to explain but (the wheel stops turning and then lets loose and turns more, and the response time to the turning and the play in the steering is terrible. Also I talked to imco and they said 1st see if there is air in the line. I told my mechanic to put what imco recommends for steering so it don't void the warranty. So if the steering ****s the bed under warranty, they can't blame it on the fluid. When my mechanic put the lines in he forgot to crimp one end and it blew the fitting off, he said he doesn't think it got air in the line but i think he is wrong. I paid 3700 for this unit and tilt,it better be smooth , the only thing i thought imco said was that my turning radius would shorten a bit, but , should have good precise steering at low and highspeeds,

How is you steering at low speeds like (docking), and middle speeds, and high speeds. How does the steering re-act
for you?

also I hope toi hjave the boat back this weekend to put wax on it and use it for the weekend of july 15 . i pray he has everything done for the weekend

Please let me know about your steering and how is acts
It's not going to be as easy as you cable steering was. you will feel a little vibration when turning at low speeds. The air should work itself out.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
It's not going to be as easy as you cable steering was. you will feel a little vibration when turning at low speeds. The air should work itself out.
i hope so, i have had bad luck from the begining of the season, THe guy from imco said the steering should be smooth at slow or high speeds, and the only thoing i should see is a little shorter turning radius. For the price i payed it should turn like a remote control car. In the begining of the season i found the previous owners marian put the engine in and it was off set and it was sitting to low, thank god it did not do any damage to the hull or transom or stringers. I don't think i could have anymore bad luck this season , what is left of it, unles it sank, but maybe it would be a blesing. wish me luck
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by quick69
It has been exactly 13 weeks and counting since I dropped everything off with Young Perf.
13wks is nothing for machine shop turn around on a rebuild.... just sayin'
Old 07-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

nice paint work

Any pics of your amp mounts or battery placement ?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
13wks is nothing for machine shop turn around on a rebuild.... just sayin'
He didnt have to machine anything. The motor was a complete engine. I had him install a new roller cam, lifters and push rods. I also had him install my Procharger kit that I was missing a few brackets and spacers. I believe 13.5 weeks is a real long time considering the estimated time I was told it would take (4-6 weeks). It was 6 weeks before he even looked at everything to be able to tell me what parts I needed to order from Procharger to finish my setup.... just sayin'
Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TooTall
nice paint work

Any pics of your amp mounts or battery placement ?
Thanks for the compliments.. I will take some pictures of my amps and batteries soon. Here are a few pictures from this past weekend of my woofers and front speakers.

Last edited by quick69; 07-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.