Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

What HE^^^ said- Now get back out on Bourbon St lol
Old 10-24-2014, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
What HE^^^ said- Now get back out on Bourbon St lol
Nooo way... they wash down the streets/sidewalks in the AM and that stirs up the vomit, so the ambient aroma isn't that pleasant
Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
in to win
TOOK THE WORDS OUTTA MY MOUTH!

Thats right - In to win!
Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nooo way... they wash down the streets/sidewalks in the AM and that stirs up the vomit, so the ambient aroma isn't that pleasant
Nasty!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
PCAT, you are dancin with the devil. Leave it alone. If you go with shorties, the IMCO bullet doesnt give the bow lift like the stock lower. So, for all the money and time you will gain nothing unless you are re-rigging to use stock lowers. On my boat, JT's boat & Crayola Crazy's boat the stock lowers were faster than IMCO's. If you want the speed, go get more horsepower. If you insist with tinkering on the drives, get the props labbed by BBlades. The only other thing that picks up speed was plugging the low water pick up holes in the bullet and re-epoxy the bullet nose. It picks up about 1.5-2 MPH at WOT.

The only person running high drive height with no boxes is Crayola. And his Baja aint a Baja. He has a bigger pad and bigger strakes.
Being a rookie I was pretty surprised by this post regarding the low water pickups, would the same apply for a drive cooler that has 2 pipes through the plate?
Old 10-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by purduecat
i think the -1/-2 may work on the older boats like mine (99) but im not sure they work so well on the newer ones. Basically im just looking for some real world experience. I'd also like to know what people experienced when changing from 1.5 to 1.36 gears. It's time for a drive upgrade for me and im just trying to get my ducks in a row on what my best possible setup would be with out doing it 5 times and learning the hard expensive way.
1.36 gears are generally used when you spin to many rpm's and the pitch is not available. Generally cats with 1000hp that are spinning 32-34 pitch props are running 1.36 gear ratio.
Maybe going to a 1:65 ratio you would see some mid range improvement because you would need a larger prop to keep from over revving. Depended upon your engine setup.
Generally 3-4 inches below the hull i think would be a noticable difference in top end.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Just watch out for the Horse patrol sweep around 4am or so to clear the streets- We were there Halloween a few yrs ago. CRAZY!!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

wait... they used to spray sanitizer out there when they washed the streets down.. they quit that?? maybe the ex mayor took all the funds. May have to look him up in jail... :-)

As for the IN comment, I am not turning the HP you guys are, but my 770 (both sides) felt squirrely spinning in, it felt good until I was running in some trailing wakes. I prefer the stability of spinning OUT.

also the first thing I noticed when I turned IN was the lack of reverse thrust...i.e. what people describe as poor dock manners. trimming (+) helped a little to direct thrust beneath hull,but not a good as OUT!

also.. wish I would have known you were in the qtr, I am only work about 20 min from downtown, could have joined you for lunch!! I think Ricks has a good buffet (.)(.)

Last edited by nailit; 10-24-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to run a set of 29p mirage plus when I repowered. Blew out before ever getting on plane.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PurdueCAT
I tried to run a set of 29p mirage plus when I repowered. Blew out before ever getting on plane.
I didnt like the 25p m+ either. ran great, got on top easily, but blew out in turns. Felt like you were falling over. That and once I brought it down south, I couldnt push that prop in the heat and humidity down here.

Just made a run yesterday for a best yet of 66.3 with the labbed 24p b1. 1/2 fuel and just me. 79 degrees and 40% humidity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.