2001 33 outlaw??? >

2001 33 outlaw???

Notices

2001 33 outlaw???

Old 02-24-2022, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
I’d talk to offshorexcursion - Kevin about the 33 outlaw if you haven’t already. He had one pretty built up. Not sure what he saw for speeds or his HP but I believe procharged 502s?

I agree to others mentioning how they’re not as bad of boats as some like to joke they are. They’re the gateway powerboat, but still a very respectable boat for even experienced boaters imo.
Kevin just an hour away and didn’t realize he had one or forgot. I’ll buzz him. Ride for ride I’d have to guess that was a better rough water boat than his gladiator. Speed no but….

I’ve only owned challengers, sabers and ftns.
Old 02-25-2022, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

John, a buddy of mine has owned a 33 BAJA for the past 16 years. Been on it 100 times and I was always impressed with that boat. Cockpit is the best/biggest I think Ive ever been in. Not a speed demon, but a real nice looking/functioning boat. For the money, you cant beat a 33 Outlaw. The one thing I will say that sucks is, there isnt alot of room in the engine bay to move and work. Its VERY tight in there. A Top Gun is a dream to wrench on compared to the Outlaw.... But as long as you have reliable power...who cares!!
Old 02-25-2022, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
John, a buddy of mine has owned a 33 BAJA for the past 16 years. Been on it 100 times and I was always impressed with that boat. Cockpit is the best/biggest I think Ive ever been in. Not a speed demon, but a real nice looking/functioning boat. For the money, you cant beat a 33 Outlaw. The one thing I will say that sucks is, there isnt alot of room in the engine bay to move and work. Its VERY tight in there. A Top Gun is a dream to wrench on compared to the Outlaw.... But as long as you have reliable power...who cares!!
tks Kevin very good to know. Wonder how they’d compare to the 33 powerplay. I’d imagine similar but I’m thinking a little wider probably? I always liked the looks and size of those also. Don’t see many of them around.

How’d did the 33 ride compared to your Fountain. In 3 to 4’s…
Old 02-25-2022, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
tks Kevin very good to know. Wonder how they’d compare to the 33 powerplay. I’d imagine similar but I’m thinking a little wider probably? I always liked the looks and size of those also. Don’t see many of them around.

You need a skater to run in 4's you should know that by now.......
Old 02-26-2022, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Anybody recall at what point from the stern the keel is rounded (approx). Pretty amazing how many positive things said about the 33. Surprised me some but that’s great!!!

was hoping for high 80’s to 90 for speed but I get it. The 496/425hp run low mid 70’s???
It never turns to a sharp keel, it gradually narrows down probably around the the rear seat area, but it is still round all the way up to where it attaches to the top cap.

They run low 70’s with HO’s on average.

Kevins boat and my boat have the poker run/ Simpson netting cabins
I don’t know about Kevin’s, but mine had Decolite stringers, so ours aren’t the average pieces to judge by, these are lighter in the front which help with performance.

I Believe Kevin’s had Procharged 500EFI’s ( probably 750 ?) mine
had modded 575SCI’s that were probably 675, both have Stellings boxes.

I believe Kevin’s boat ran high 90’s mine would run high 80’s to low 90’s.

Are your engines 565 cubic inch or 565 hp ?

Last edited by JaayTeee; 02-26-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2022, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
The 35 OL that Gunner mentions in this thread ^^^ runs 118 today
Old 03-03-2022, 08:48 AM
Registered

Sorry John, I didnt see your reply. Ive never been on a 33 Powerplay but I think the Powerplay is a level or two above the Baja. Many people rave about the Powerplay hulls being some of the best handling/riding hulls. I thinking comparing my 1990 35 Fountain and the Baja Outlaw is a better comparison. pretty close in speed, and the same in rougher water. 4 ft seas you will take some hard hits in the Baja, and the fridge or the microwave may slide out! Hahaha... but in a good 2-3 ft chop, you will be fine cruising along.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:56 AM
Registered

Just to clairify, when we see 4ft seas in CT, you are running in long Island Sound (open salt water) and the waves can come from all different directions. So 4 ft seas to me is pretty snotty. I realize many on here run can there 38 ft offshore super boats in 6-8 ft seas all day without spilling their beer, but Im alittle more conservative when it comes to wave height...
Old 03-03-2022, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by kreed
Just to clairify, when we see 4ft seas in CT, you are running in long Island Sound (open salt water) and the waves can come from all different directions. So 4 ft seas to me is pretty snotty. I realize many on here run can there 38 ft offshore super boats in 6-8 ft seas all day without spilling their beer, but Im alittle more conservative when it comes to wave height...
I'm a fellow sound boater as well. It can sure kick up, especially in my 29. ​​​​​​​I guess I always call the waves smaller than what most would. I know I would consider a 3ft wave uncomfortable. ​​​​​​​I seen one post that said he was out in 12ft waves in a smallish boat (under 29 from memory). Yeah ok. lol unless they were giant rollers. But than again, it could be lake mead. 😉
Old 03-03-2022, 09:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
no pad notch or steps.........wish BAJA would of built a stepped hull
They made a couple. "Crayola" a guy in Pittsburgh that use to be on OSO had a 33 with a pad and a notch and heavily built 496's - went north of 100MPH.
I heard there was another one as well but never actually saw it or knew of the owner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.