Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do?? >

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Notices

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Old 08-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Johnny Bravo

I am also having problems with my 25 Outlaw. I have been dealing with baja for 3 seasons with stress cracks in the cockpit corners. This year the stress cracks turned into structrural cracks completely through. They are also taking my boat back to the factory for repairs .

Old 08-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Johnny Bravo

National marine just wants to sell boats and they no longer have Baja in there lineup. Baja wants to cut my deck off and replace it with a new one. I feel that there is more to the problem than just the deck. They even sent a rep all the way to the 1000 Islands to look at the boat.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to lawyer up !!!!
Old 08-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Registered

Here's my 2 bits,have Baja fix the boat it should turn out fine and if it cures the problem nobody will know the difference.Then sell it or trade it in on the Sonic,look at the blister thread,they fixed that 272 hell I'd probably give them a shot at least they aren't blowing you off.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

I don't think "let the buyer beware" applies for a new boat! Be courteous and straight forward with Baja. According to the warranty I don't think they will have to do anything more than fix it but I would definitly request something else to drive for the rest of the summer. You can mention to them that it would be a shame if you were to continue riding an unsafe boat and in my opinion any boat that pulls is one direction bad can be unsafe. If they fight you at all hire a lawyer. I think it is absolutely unacceptable spending the $ you did and not getting a propt resolution. Keep us informed. I hear of more things like this from Baja and I too will be taking my next boat business elsewhere.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again I am very sorry to hear of the problems you are having, and I'm not trying to take Baja's side here at all.

Just want to make a point.

Baja builds more performance boats than any other company out there. You can actually pick a few of the top builders and add them together and Baja builds more than they do combined.

I am on my third Baja and have not had any major problems with any of the three. The worse thing was the headliner in the 36 and Baja stepped up to the plate and took care of it to my satisfaction. Currently I have nine different friends with Baja's from 20 Outlaw to myself with a 36 and all in between. Three of these friends are on their second Baja brand boat. One just sold a 272 he had for five years and got a 29 Outlaw.

NONE of these friends are having any problems other than the usual maintenance required with any boat.

In the big picture of things Baja is doing a good job.

This does not make it any better when you have a real big problem like yours, but the other manufactures have problems also.

Look on the main board at the complaints about Fountain not returning calls. This is not the first time for that. I have a good friend that bought the Lemon from Hell from Fountain and had to threaten a lawsuit to get out from under it. They agreed to trade him dollar for dollar for a new boat and he has had several problems with the new boat. If you read this board everyday for four years like I have you will know that boat builders have problems from time to time. I have seen it with Donzi, Cigarette, Fountain, Baja and others much more expensive. How about the guy with the 50 Foot Nortech that they cannot get drives to last more than a couple of weeks, and the factory suggested the engine and drive combination?

My point is that with all the Baja's built I think the percentage of major problems like yours are small compared to boats that are much more expensive.

The approach you take with any company will be a be factor in the outcome. I was really pissed when out headliner messed up. My dealer lost the line and having read post like this I expected the worse. I called Karen up at Baja in the warranty department and was very pleasently suprised. There was a real concern to get the problem solved and they did.

God Luck
Old 08-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Allan4

""I don't think "let the buyer beware" applies for a new boat! "".....

Don't let this clown worry you, he jumps around and beats up on Baja's quite a bit....

Not worth the trouble.....

Good points Doc....but they still need to step up and fix this correctly. Not the owners fault, it is the factories (not saying you don't agree with that )

Don't lay over, make sure you are happy, you paid big $$ for this thing...

Allan

Old 08-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Allan
Old 08-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered

Allan4:

Are you referring to me and my quote?

Last edited by Highmark; 08-22-2003 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's time for a nice letter from your attorney.....
A new hull is called for here IMO......

Quick Reply: Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.