Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do?? >

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Notices

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Old 08-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Highmark
Allan4:

Are you referring to me and my quote?
No, sorry if that confused you Highmark...

I was refering to SeeYa who made the original quote up above. I have seen him bashing Baja's a number of times, for no good reason, and I get tired of hearing about it... I was agreeing with you, his post has no merit in this case.

Sorry for the confusion

Hey Doc, I know, Just wanted to clear that up a little.

Later...A4

Old 08-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Johnny Bravo

This is Jonny Bravo's wife (who can't figure out how to get her own identity on the home puter)....

Iron, like JB said, we've had problems for 3 summers now. I need to say that each time Baja has stepped right up to the plate and tried to fix the problem. Granted, to date they have been cosmetic repairs and the underlying problem now needs to be addressed. My point is...I think you'll find that they'll step up to the plate for you too. Keep in mind that they are a business, and they send people out to look at the problem probably to weed out the people that are crying wolf. Once a problem is shown and verified, it appears to me (at this point) that they then begin taking steps to make things right. They're in the business of selling Bajas, they're probably not going to give you a chunk of green so you can go buy another brand....they'd rather keep you as a customer and try to make things right. And if they do, what a testiment for them. Personally, our next boat purchase depends in full on how they handle this issue with our boat.

Hopefully you will get this resolved in a way that makes you comfortable with the boat, and so you can come back on here and tell us that Baja did right by you.

But....I would try for a new 5 year hull warantee if I were you (after the repairs and/or replacement). It would help provide a level of comfort.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Problem. After re-reading your post I see what you meant. I should have looked at it more closely. There are a lot of Baja bashers out there.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Here's another update.

I have a meeting with baja next week about fixing my boat. I am going to get in writing what they are going to do.

I am entertaing the thought of getting a new boat even if they fix this one. I was looking at a 33 or a 342 with 525's . Does anyone know the speed of a 33 525's or the 496's? I have to have a 70 + boat.

Well that all for now. I am going to keep the boat until labor day and then its off to Baja hospital!!!

Thanks for all the replyis and positive feedback. I hope people don't think I am bashing baja I am just trying to get my boat fixed.

Thanks,

Aaron

PS. I think that I am going to print off this tread and show it to the rep when I go to the meeting next week.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, hope all goes well. Keep us posted.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Registered

Remember the value of the boat that you now have. People are being sued for not disclosing problems they had with their boat after they have sold them. I would not want to be the one that bought your patched boat unless I knew of the problem before I bought it. Knowing your boat had a problem I would probally move on to another one unless the price was really right.

Good luck on the meeting. Good hearing that Baja is talking & wanting to meet. Of course, OSO knowing about this is not hurting.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Registered

I'm not sure of what a 33 with 525's will do but my 33 with 496 HO's will tickle 72-73 on gps and even get 74-75 with a very light load.

Arizona speed and marine is suppose to have a great intake/computer remap kit (N/A) for the 496's. In a powerboat ad they are claiming up to 200 HP gain! I'm very suspect of that but if they could pull and extra 75 or a 100 hp for less than $2000.00 per motor I will give it a try. The 525's are really expensive. I think over $10000 more per motor than the 496 HO.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

I run 75 +/- (full load) with HP500s. Don't know about the 525s either, but I would think (especially with ITS), it should be somewhere around 80.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

I have talked to a number of dealers and all of them are reluctant to trade my boat even after it gets fixed. They have told me that the boat will probably trade for 5000 to 7000 less than an identical trade without a hull refit. I want baja to take this into consideration because it means that I lost 5 to 7 grand simply by buying the wrong boat.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Aaron
Old 08-26-2003, 08:49 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Allan4
Time to call your attorney..........

I just can't understand why a compnay would leave themselves open to a judgement like Baja is doing here......

Good luck, you are getting hosed...
Those are my thoughts.....

Quick Reply: Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.