Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do?? >

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Notices

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Old 08-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by birdog
First let me say "I am NOT Baja Bashing" !!!!! Anybody who knows me on these forums can tell you that !

Now....Let me say this....I would think that a Stringer breaking or coming loose on a new {er} boat would be more like the FRAME on your new truck breaking !!
And YES i would expect a new truck !!!!!!!
would'nt you ?V
Birddog, while I am Pming Dock about the stringer, I come back to this thread & you posted it here.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Luv-N-it..........That guy with the 24 will be a putz......No matter what kinda boat he owns !!!!!!

No problem here Turbo.......Just wanted to make sure nobody thought my comments are directed at Baja in
particular......I happen to love those Outlaws {Except that one 24fter... } I just dont think you should have to except these kind of defects from ANYONE !!
Old 08-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll accept that it is more like a frame. But let's face it guys, bend the frame on your car and what is your insurance agent going to do? They will want to straighten it out and not replace it!
Old 08-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I still think thats diff. Dock.......We are not talking a wrecked boat here.....This is new.....If the frame breaks on my Ford because of fatigue or bad welds.....I would expect them to buy it back.....No ?

I must be a real prick....huh ?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Turbojack
High-tide - Can you inform me as to why it was stupid for scalptaker to ask for a new hull when the stringer broke?
Originally posted by High-Tide
turbowhatever,
If you think that a new hull was warranted due to a cracked stringer...... Dock, I can see clearly now. These comments are being made by idiots whom do not even have opposable thumbs..... I am deeply saddened by this level of stupidty...... what can I say, thank god they do not own Baja's.
High-Tide

High- If I bought a new boat & the stringer breaks due to a defect, I ask for a new hull & the boat builder give me one. or is the person that thinks he should not ask for one & boat builder patch / repaires the stringer the stupid one?

The first Baja I had I bought from an insurance company. The boat had 3 hrs on it when it was hit (small hole on the side) & sank. The insurance company bought the owner a new boat since the owner did not want it patched. The insurance company told me when I bought it they did not want the libility for the hull to be patched. Boat was a great boat for the years I had it.

Doc - are we talking a broken or bent frame on a NEW truck/car due to a manufactue error/defect or from a wreck.

We have now beat the frame, stringer problem to death. Lets get back to the real reason for this thread.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Registered

Don't take my last post out of contex. I start to post, had to do some work before finishing & posting it. When I finally post there are now 3 new posts from where I thougth it had left off.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:49 AM
Registered

Now I am confused, who has the boat problem, Ironmanwb from Ohio in post 1 or johnny bravo from NY is post 14?
Old 08-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Registered

If you bought a new truck that wouldn't track straight would you want the factory to bend it to where it was kinda right or would you want a different truck?

When you purchase a piece of merchandise that you expect to be in new condition, and you discover that it is not you should be entitled to what you thought you were paying for--a new piece of merchandise.

New is new--not remade, redone, remanufactured or anything else.

I would expect the factory to provide what I paid for. A new boat.

my .02
Old 08-30-2003, 03:15 AM
Registered

In my experience, all boats have or at some time will have issues. I also think the Co. should be given the chance to repair the defect as they see fit, seeing they should know what the problem is and know best how to fix it. Personally I don't see the problem fixing the stringer in the engine compartment...but I know something about fiberglass and how boats are constructed. If done right, the repair could and would be stronger than a replacement hull. My question is Did Baja contact owners of the boats once they knew there was a problem with the engine stringer? or did they wait for the customer to contact them?

With respect to the listing hull, I had a friend that bought a boat that had the same prob. The dealer told him he would get a new boat. The factory ended up fixing it, but they lowered the engine in the boat and he ended up losing performance. As with cars, you need to test drive them, they're not all the same.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Adivanman

The stringer issue is history, has been dealt with, and has been beat to death for no apparent reason. Ironman's problem has nothing to do with stringers. That notwithstanding, comparisons between the stringers in a boat the the frame of a pickup truck are misguided at best.

I have to admit, though, that I am confused about ironman's issues for a couple of reasons...I am confused as to why he has to deal directly with Baja and not with the selling dealer. If he bought the boat new from a dealer, the dealer should be helping him through this. I am confused as to the nature of his problem...boats come out of molds and I don't see how a couple inches of strake could be missing or how a strake or hook could cause noticable listing at rest. And, to be honest, I am still confused as to the point of this post...Baja want's to fix my boat but I am not sure that I want them to? Even if Baja makes it right it might not be good enough? As chase suggests, listing can be the result of many issues and the hull does not have to be one of them. Maybe you are putting the cart before the horse....

Quick Reply: Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.