Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja vs PQ >

Baja vs PQ

Notices

Baja vs PQ

Old 10-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PQ is well known the this part of the country. They are built in Michigan.

Baja has custom levels,1-3, that allows you to do certain things within each of those pkgs. Yes Baja does concentrate on production too. They are and have been the highest selling sport/performance boat for a few years. This does not take away from their quality and commitment either or their customer service. Email them and watch for their respone and the timing of it too.

Like Daze said, you can do anything you want at Baja or at any manufacturer, it just takes the $$$ to do it.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Lucky

Originally posted by 29 OUTLAW
Baja uses thru bolts on twin engine boats but not on singles.
Are you sure?

I don't necessarily know what thru bolt is but in looking in the engine compartment on the 275 it looked like their were plates on each side of the stringer with a bolt going through.

Can someone either verify or correct me?

Old 10-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Lucky

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
I have two kids. A girl who is 12 and a boy 5. It can get cramped at times when we overnight for the weekends. I wish we had a full camper enclosure on ours. That would allow more room at night when sleeping. Maybe you can get the dealers to add the full camper enclosure for you at a reduced price or for free if they are that hungry.

Right now, the wife and I use the cockpit cover and we sleep in the cockpit while the kids sleep in the cuddy. The boat is perfect for us on the weekends.

Since you are buying new, I know when I considered a new boat, typically you could figure 30-32% off sticker. Don't know the math anymore, but seriously, you could figure that much off. Don't let those people bullcrap you about that. I would think that you should still get the % plus some freebies now.

Keep asking away. Also, Baja has a great following here on this site.
Luv-N-It,

I don't think I have them down to the 30% off list yet and it is on a left over '03. That might very well be why I have not yet pulled the trigger.

I guess at some point one of these guys is going to get hungry enough to drop thier price a little more.

I can have them a check in 2-3 days.

Old 10-18-2003, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Lucky
Are you sure?
Yes! But he is referring to the hull-to-deck joint, not the engine mounting. All twin engine Bajas have a through-bolted hull-to-deck joint and additionally reenforced with glass tabs.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 10-18-2003 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:00 PM
dave502

Bajahahaha
i have a 272 that looks like new, has every option 502mpi, blue book sais its worth 53k,--------lets see!!------been trying to sell it all summer cant even sell it for 38k,
so good resale--- bull shi*
i live in california--not much further you could get from powerquest plant-
-but i have been there seen how they build them & road in them on lake michigan in 7foot swells the boat never
shook made any crazy noises as we were jumping -
it was smooth enough i was standing behind the passenger bolster i probly could have had a cup of coffee as you could hear the drives come out of the water.
im sold--powerquest is a far better boat!!! if you put them side by side you can even tell---my baja has bulges and and un even sides as you look down the sides-like you can see whare the bulkheads are,,the pq you dont sea any of this,with the pq i can get any paint scheam that i want!!

and if your going to messure a pq with a baja 272 its closer to size to the 280 silencer than the 26
the 280 has step bottom faster than the baja

my baja loves to chine walk--sucks when your buddy is looking at you while your boat is bouncing all over

baja is a production boat/ pq is a custom boat

anyway just my 2cents----i know what im buying--if i can get somone to buy my baja

Old 10-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Lucky

Well I am definately leaning and looking more heavily at the PQ Silencer and the Sunsation 288 right now.

My problem is whether I can afford either one of them.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:58 AM
Registered

Dave it sounds like you should talk to Baja if you have all those problems with your boat,I'm amazed it even made it out of the factory with all those structural and cosmetic defects.You can get any paint job you want on a Baja as well,go to the custom shop all it takes is a little more money.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:30 AM
DJW
Registered

I am a Baja owner and I have to agree with Dave 502, my 1998 272 had a slight blemish in the mold work, but more concernining was the way it chine walked at 65 mph. I would drag the tabs alittle to stablize the ride at a 2-3 mph loss of speed. I also experienced stress cracks around the cabin door. I sold the boat after 1 season. I still like Baja and own a 280 Sportfish. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Well guys I have to agree to disagree with you. I now that older Baja's Pre 2000 the quality wasn't really there. But the have changed now I had a 2000 272 boat with the boss package no windshield. The boat was killer looking, received comments every where I went. My buddies had a Powerquest 260, the other had a 27 Formula, we all had 502's My boat was the fastest ever time we raced. As far as Chin walking never had a issue with that unless you trimmed it to the moon. I did have one issue with the boat is cracking around the lower part of the door but, Baja covered it every time. Any issues I had they covered no problem at once. One more thing I sold my boat within one month for a thousand less than I paid for it!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally posted by dave502
Bajahahaha
i have a 272 that looks like new, has every option 502mpi, blue book sais its worth 53k,--------lets see!!------been trying to sell it all summer cant even sell it for 38k,
so good resale--- bull shi*
i live in california--not much further you could get from powerquest plant-
-but i have been there seen how they build them & road in them on lake michigan in 7foot swells the boat never
shook made any crazy noises as we were jumping -
it was smooth enough i was standing behind the passenger bolster i probly could have had a cup of coffee as you could hear the drives come out of the water.
im sold--powerquest is a far better boat!!! if you put them side by side you can even tell---my baja has bulges and and un even sides as you look down the sides-like you can see whare the bulkheads are,,the pq you dont sea any of this,with the pq i can get any paint scheam that i want!!

and if your going to messure a pq with a baja 272 its closer to size to the 280 silencer than the 26
the 280 has step bottom faster than the baja

my baja loves to chine walk--sucks when your buddy is looking at you while your boat is bouncing all over

baja is a production boat/ pq is a custom boat

anyway just my 2cents----i know what im buying--if i can get somone to buy my baja

Why not just write "MY BOAT SUCKS" on the for sale sign? If you want to sell it, you need to do some bragging. Are you sure you know how to drive it? The 272 is a damned good boat!

Quick Reply: Baja vs PQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.