Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja vs PQ >

Baja vs PQ

Notices

Baja vs PQ

Old 10-21-2003, 10:06 AM
dave502

ive done alot of bragging trying to sell it---didnt work!

yes i know how to drive it

dam good boat??? no baja as a whole is more like an average boat

not to say i haven't had a good time using it it hasn't given me any problems besides resale--but in my opinion baja is more an entry level boat

which isn't all bad , bayliner has a large fallowing to--theres a boat for everyone

Old 10-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't get all worked up over Dave 502 with only 9 posts.

He is just one of those A-Holes who has an axe to grind and cannot come on here and tell us who he really is.

If his story is true he must have one ragged out boat.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 98 25' Outlaw,it has 325hrs. on it I have one crack in the corner of the cockpit,other than that it looks brand new no fading,stress cracks,the interior still feels like a new boat,I don't know what people expect out of things, maybe people should think about taking better care of their ****,instead of blaming the problems on the manufacture,you hear it with everything boats,cars,snowmobiles it doesn't matter what it is.I think people just like to hear themselves *****.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
I wouldn't get all worked up over Dave 502 with only 9 posts. He is just one of those A-Holes who has an axe to grind and cannot come on here and tell us who he really is. If his story is true he must have one ragged out boat.
Yep, go to this same thread in the PQ forum. He has shown up there as well....under a diferent name. This thread (actually there are 4 or 5 threads working) has been fun to watch. Opinions are like.....well you know.

I am currently a proud PQ owner, but also a proud two time Baja owner. My 272 was solid and NEVER porpoised or chine walked. (My 232 was a different story, but that's OT.) But I have already said my peice elsewhere. And I think Lucky is listening.

I know he test drove a Sunsation 288 yesterday.

Last edited by Macklin; 10-21-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it may be "Luv-N-It"..........

He's been smelling those gas fumes from that Chevy too long!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally posted by dave502
yes i know how to drive it

dam good boat??? no baja as a whole is more like an average boat

not to say i haven't had a good time using it it hasn't given me any problems besides resale--but in my opinion baja is more an entry level boat
It hasnt given you any problems because like I said, its a damned good boat! There are 1000s of boats out there that havent sold. Just a bad time, nothing to do with being a BAJA. We have a couple cars on the lot that are almost perfect, and we cant hardly give them away.

I totally disagree with the average boat statement. Take a ride on Dock Holidays boat. If you come back, and still call it average, I will kiss your bare ass on TV (that is if Dock doesnt throw you overboard before you get back!)
Old 10-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

I wouldn't get all worked up over Dave 502 with only 9 posts.

He is just one of those A-Holes who has an axe to grind and cannot come on here and tell us who he really is.

If his story is true he must have one ragged out boat.

Isnt 502 the police scanner code for a drunk driver?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:29 PM
DJW
Registered

I am a Baja owner and I have to agree with Dave 502, my 1998 272 had a slight blemish in the mold work, but more concernining was the way it chine walked at 65 mph. I would drag the tabs alittle to stablize the ride at a 2-3 mph loss of speed. I also experienced stress cracks around the cabin door. I sold the boat after 1 season. I still like Baja and own a 280 Sportfish. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:57 PM
dave502

if you dont thyes i posted my opinion in the powerquest forum also---so did lucky--so just replying to him -- and my boat is flawless besides the factory blemishes in the mold

502--if you didnt have a clue already is for 502mpi

and ill bet my ass my boat is in better shape than anyones here---unless your boat has less than 20 hrs on it

i would have to agree a little with bad timming because i to have had 3 cars 2 trucks that i was selling and not much luck---but i have recently sold 2 of them just not the baja

Old 10-22-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered

I think it may be "Luv-N-It"..........

He's been smelling those gas fumes from that Chevy too long!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dock, LMAO! Keep it up and I'm going to buy you that purple 36' Outlaw carpet Greg has for sale in the classifieds.

You are exactly right! I was not on the board yesterday at all. I was sucking those diesel fumes all day long on the road. 11 hrs of 75 mph in Ohio and Pennslyvania....only 20.3 MPG

I have a 1996 272. No issue at all with the craftsman ship. I have been in 3-5 ft swells and I felt safe too. Didn't run all out @ 5,000 RPM's, but I really didn't want to drink coffee at the same time either

7' swells and can't tell Wow! By every boat like that. I have personally driven a 280 silencer, did not have a four blade prop, but I tell you want, I drove it on calm water and the thing chine walked so bad I didn't feel safe in it at all.

Now back to the fumes

Quick Reply: Baja vs PQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.