Props for a 302 ??? >

Props for a 302 ???

Notices

Props for a 302 ???

Old 02-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ironmanwb

the four blade props come in pitch increments or 22,24,26,28 and so on the the blade props like the mirages prop come in 19,21,23,25,27 and so on ,

hope this helps,Darin
Old 02-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Registered

Can somebody explain to me what is meant when the props blow out? I have heard of flattening but never blown out.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Blow out is when you get on the throttles too fast an they suck air into them. RPM will increase but the boat will shuuder and set back into the water. You usually have to go back down to almost idle to let them "hook up" again.

You should almost never see this with the 4 blades. I have three blades and I have to ease onto plane. Usually at about half to plane I can mash down on the sticks.

Darin added more cup to my Mirage Plus's improving them even more. The plain Mirage's just plane (or not plane) suck in this regard.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

shooter

Do you have the ACCLERATOR DESIGN from darin with the extra cupping? I am looking for better hook-up and some top end but what I most concerned with is blowouts when trying to plane. I have to be almost on plane before I can hit the sticks. Can you also tell me the results that you got out of your props after darin reworked them. Let me know what boat and power your runnig.

thanks
Old 02-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Hi,

No, regular lab finishing, with no offense to Darin - he IS the expert, that is the majority of the difference over a stock prop. Accelerator is a tweak on top of that IMHO. I would have gotten it (they look cool), but mine were just done last year - thay are 25's thinned, cup added, and satin finsihed. You will always blow out a 3-blade prop with BB's.

I definately have more grip out of the hole and in high speed turns, but I can blow them out if I try to. Top end, definately run stronger, but never did anything scientific. My conditions and weights vary alot each time I go out. I run strong mid-70's with no BS. Baja's are not top-speed animals again IMHO.

Mine are actually for sale in the parts section for 750 bucks - I'm leaning towards 4-blades just because I do more cruising. 3-blade, 3mph more top end, 4-blade 3-5mph better cruise.

BTW - 502 mags, stock for now. Will probably put the revolution manifolds on in the spring and some shiny flame arrestors...oooooh SHINY!

Last edited by Shooter; 02-22-2004 at 04:06 PM.