Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
What should I do? >

What should I do?

Notices

What should I do?

Old 03-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

I jsut found out that all of the Baja Customer service people are out of the office until Friday at a service conference in Cleveland. I guess I won't get to talk to anyone for another week.

Maybe I should make a suprise visit to the conference and give a little speech on how to piss customers off. Oh wait they are masters at that already.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Bajabuoy

Ironman
Here's some food for thought. On my 302, when the trim tab indicator was at the #5 position the tab was actually level with the strake. In order to have any effect on the boat trim, I had to move the trim tab beyond the #5 positon. Anything above that on either tab had no effect on boat attitude. Another thought is the the "x" demension may be different for one of your engines causing the boal to list. If Baja said the hull has a hook, I sure would believe them, especially if they agreed to fix it. I don't recall if the props turned in or out but it was the standard setup as purchased. When I bought it, the dealer specified a high"X" demension for top end speed, at least that's what they told me. Also, it sounds like you live fairly close to the Baja's Bucyrus plant and could drop in on them. Have you thought of trying that tactic? Hope you get your boat back soon & fixed the way you want. Good Luck and keep smiling.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

I have dropped in on them and it had no effect. What I am really pissed about is the fact that we had a meeting with baja last august and talked about all of the problems and what was going to be done about them and when. I feel like I wasted my time going down there. I am frustrated beyond belief right now. I just read on the Teambajamarine web site that other boaters are having listing problems and baja has not fixed their problems in even a remotely timely manner or called them back either. WTF maybe I should have bought a boat with a beak or that smokes!

Someone remind me why I gave that company my 100k to be treated like chit.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that you need to quit taking your frustrations out on the board, and go up to Baja and tell them that if they cant fix it, you will contact the BBB, that they have ample amount of time to fix the problem!!!!! Better yet if you have low hours, request a new boat. Look lawyers know great ways around these things, and there is a such thing as the lemon law and it doesnt apply to just boats. Also lawyers will sue for "pain and suffering", quality neglet, indangerment to personel, think if the boat listed hard it could drive you into the bank. There are so many legal statements and settlements that they can accomplish that its not even funny.

Honestly, if you can afford a 100k boat, surely you can afford a 3k lawyer. Think about it, he will get you the 3k and then some in return in the long run. I really do think that you have given them enough time!!!!! Think about it, it has almost been a year. They are booked for production this year. Do you really think they are going to drop their future sales and commetments to fix a boat for which they have already paid for?

I feel for you and this whole matter is really a bunch of bullchit. I hope that you get this matter resolved.

Good luck. Just my .02
Old 03-31-2004, 08:14 PM

gzzz. I should have had spill chk done, and I really should not drink and type. Thats dangerous.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

Iron

Dump it. Call your dealer Rep or a Baja Customer Svc Rep and tell them that if they compensate you fairly for your POS you will try another Baja.

If they balk at that offer, get a lawyer involved.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the input. Its nice to know that I have all of you behind me. I am giving them until monday of next week to give me a response and a date of completion. If that is not done I am going to play hard ball. I have only one of doing so-- If this whole thing gets wrapped up with lawyers I probably won't have a boat for the summer. Well like you said Mobilecal its time to get nasty on the phone and take my frustrations out on them.

Thanks ya'll
Old 04-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Allan4

Here's what I would do,

Don't lose your cool, don't fly off the handle. Write everything down from here on out and try hard to recall all the converstaions, dates, etc...that you have cooresponded with National and/or Baja. Try to create a nice, descriptive timeline as accurate as possible of what has already taken place..all the way back to purchase date, purchase price and salesman' name.

Then, bug Baja for another 2 weeks, call 2 times a day like clock work. Demand each time (politely) to speak with the highest ranking employee possible. Calmly explain your situation to the highest ranking rep you can, when you talk to them ASK THEM THEIR FULL NAME AND HOW TO SPELL IT...Hehehehehe (nobody wants to get in trouble with their own name all over it )...do not waste too much time talking with people who are not in the hiearchy. Do not take talk. Only react to results. They have talked enough, it is time for action.

If at this point you still have no results, simply consult your attorney and ask him/her if they will send a letter to Baja and National (drop the names of the highest reps you talked to...) stating your case and intentions. It is amazing what an attorneys letterhead will do. My attorney will write letters for me to people who do not pay invoices. He charges $25 a letter...it works like a charm

Good luck, stay calm and be professional. There is alot of value (boat) on the line so react accordingly.

Good luck, surely sounds like you are getting hosed. Keep us posted.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Registered

Thanks Allan

Well I already have a pretty good record of phone calls ext. I have taken notes and even kept phone records.

The reason I have not lost my cool yet is because I don't want my boat getting tied up in some nasty lawsuit. I think within the next week I should make some progress. Also the attorney thing is coverd. I have two great friends who are vicous attorneys and I worked for a law firm that had 90 of them many who woudl do this pro bono for me.

I don't want it to come to that.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

I just got off the phone with Baja and supposedly they are working on it. Allan talked to the engineers that ran the boat last year and now he knows that the listing problem I had is real and the hull must be fixed. He said that he is going to call this afternoon and give me an update. He said he was not sure what was going on with the boat becuse of being in cleveland all week but that he would check on it and give me a call back . If he doesn't call I will. I am going to call every day twice a day until I am satisfied that it is getting fixed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.